What is the best way to create fake FPS hands?

Hello. I am looking for a way of creating fake FPS hands, which are used in very popular FPS games. I tried multiple solutions that did not work, and now my last option is to ask here. Any comment is helpful, thank you.

You can load in some hands locally and have them positioned.

1 Like

I tried this solution, but for some reason it does not look realistic at all (what I have created).

The easiest & fastest thing you can do is attaching some fake-arms model to the playerโ€™s camera. There are some other things you can do that will take some extra time, like directly using the playerโ€™s hands.

Could you show what you have made so you can be further helped.

Here is a code I used:

local runService = game:GetService("RunService");

local function get_Hands()

for _, v in ipairs(workspace:GetChildren()) do

if v:IsA("Model") and v.Name == "Hands" then

return v
		end
	end	
end

local function render_Step()

local hands = get_Hands()

hands.PrimaryPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame, game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse().Hit.p)
end

runService.RenderStepped:Connect(render_Step)

I tried this, but when I move the camera a bit too much up the hands are stuck on the entire camera.

Like 2 years ago I made a modified version of a nasty code thing that I found. The code used :Lerp to move the playerโ€™s arms along with the camera. The code is messed up but maybe you can revamp it.

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local character = player.Character

if not character or not character.Parent then
	character = player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
end

local torso = character:WaitForChild("Torso")
local rightShoulder = torso:WaitForChild("Right Shoulder")
local leftShoulder = torso:WaitForChild("Left Shoulder")
local camera = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera

local UserInput = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local updateSpeed = .25

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	character["Right Arm"].LocalTransparencyModifier = character["Right Arm"].Transparency 
	character["Left Arm"].LocalTransparencyModifier = character["Left Arm"].Transparency
	character["Right Leg"].LocalTransparencyModifier = character["Right Leg"].Transparency
	character["Left Leg"].LocalTransparencyModifier = character["Left Leg"].Transparency
	character.Torso.LocalTransparencyModifier = 0
	local distance = (character.Head.Position - camera.CoordinateFrame.p).magnitude
	if distance <= 1 then
		character.Humanoid.CameraOffset = Vector3.new(0, 0, -.75)

rightShoulder.C0 = rightShoulder.C0:lerp((camera.CoordinateFrame * CFrame.new(1, -1.25, -.25)):toObjectSpace(torso.CFrame):inverse() * CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi/2, 0), updateSpeed)
		leftShoulder.C0 = leftShoulder.C0:lerp((camera.CoordinateFrame * CFrame.new(-0.2, -1.5, -.6)):toObjectSpace(torso.CFrame):inverse() * CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi/.65, 0), updateSpeed)
	else
		rightShoulder.C0 = rightShoulder.C0:lerp(CFrame.new(1, 0.5, 0) * CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi/2, 0),updateSpeed)
		leftShoulder.C0 = leftShoulder.C0:lerp(CFrame.new(-1, 0.5, 0) * CFrame.Angles(0, -math.pi/2, 0),updateSpeed)
	end	
end)

4 Likes

Can I ask another question?
I didnโ€™t succed making fake hands, but I made a first person visible character.
Now, it all looks fine when I look straight, but when I look up or down it looks weird.
Here are example screenshots (noting that I made your torso look at your mouseโ€™s CFrame):

why not use the real hands and create ball joints. so the player can literally be holding the gun.

1 Like

Hummm those images donโ€™t give me so much understanding of what are you talking about. Maybe try removing that blurry effect and zooming out the camera so I can understand better whatโ€™s happening

When I look up too much the character the hands are โ€˜collidingโ€™ with the camera. And when I look too much down it doesnโ€™t look realistic at all, as the screenshots may tell.

Try playing a little bit with the values and the pi divisions. In the code I sent, the values are configured for suiting well with my old game-

1 Like