What is the best way to debug scripts in VR?

hi again im back asking more about vr lol

I’ve gotten back to working on VR after a very short break; but I don’t know how exactly to fix this issue. Last time I worked on a VR script, I used VSB as that’s what I created it for, and it actually allowed me to debug the entire script with the built in console.

I cannot debug (serversided or clientsided) as on the client console, it’s filled with camera errors from me setting the camera type to Scriptable, and I can’t debug the server as trying to “click” on the button to switch to the server console doesn’t do anything.

I also cannot use studio as it doesn’t recognize my headset, and without a headset on I can’t test any of the features I’m attempting to debug.

If you have a solution, please, please tell me! Thanks!

3 Likes

Also, I would use VSB if it didn’t take that long to convert the scripts, but it does so it’s useless for this.

In order to test you vr game just have a test place and publish the changes there and actually join the test versions real game instead of the studio version.

I know how to that, and that’s what I am doing, but I can’t view console to see what isn’t working.

you just press f9? I mean if your really desperate try connecting your headset up THEN opening studio. Thats how i get it to work in studio.

That works, but if you’ve read the whole post, it says:

and

Alright, I’m sorry for sounding rude, but It’s because the post explains why I’m having trouble using console, and you’re kind of telling me what I’ve already done.

Try making a textbox on a part so you can see it and instead of printing use a punch of string joiners and have it change the text on there

1 Like

Oh, thanks. This method works pretty well!

I pretty much just did this

local print = function(h)
	workspace.Debug.SurfaceGui.TextLabel.Text ..= "\n"..h
end

and you can use the print() function as if it was for console.

Also just so you know this is the wrong topic area, use #help-and-feedback:scripting-support instead next time.

2 Likes