What is the best way to get gun foley, nature, tree and gun shot sound effects?

I’m making a battlegrounds game and I have a really detailed environment but I want really detailed sounds to go with these assets and environment. I’ve tried ActionVFX but they want 100 dollars for their sound pack bundle. I’d prefer not to pay any cash but if I have to then that’s fine. I just want to know if there is a cheaper option. I’ll post some images of my game to show you what sort of environment I have.

2 Likes

If you want clean high quality sounds, putting down some money is nearly inevitable. If you can get nearly all the realistic sound effects you need for your game in that 100 dollar bundle, that sounds like a good deal to me. Imagine having to hire someone to record the same amount and same quality of sounds. These kind of licenses aren’t just for one project either, you can reuse them in other projects owned by yourself.

Thanks, Yeah having to hire someone might be more expensive as they’ll have to rent equipment and they’ll have travel cost etc. I’ll stick to the action VFX gun pack. Thanks!

Im actually having pretty good results making sound myself. Even if you just use your phone to record sounds and clean it up with audacity you can get some pretty decent effects.

You would have to get pretty creative to get all those guns sounds though

I already brought the Action VFX sound pack and it sounds very nice and perfect for my game!

1 Like

Try http://www.findsounds.com/. A simple search of “gunshot” on the search can have tons of options to choose from.

2 Likes

CC @IArekan