What is the best way to make these poles: union or separate parts?

I’m creating a queue that is surrounded by fences all the way. In these fences, I made these gem-shaped supports. However, the place is pretty big and a little laggy already, so I’m wondering what the best way to make these supports is.

Each pole exists out of 27 parts including blocks and wedges
The game is playable on PC, phone and tablet

I could group them into unions or meshparts, but what would be the most efficient way to make them with the smallest load on the game? Thank you already.

4 Likes

The first thing I’ll say is that these poles should be remade as a mesh because yeah, 27 parts per pole?!

Unioning the poles won’t do you any good. It’ll be as laggy as regular parts.

When creating a highly beveled model and duplicating it a lot, it’s best if you create a mesh.

I hope this answered your question.

3 Likes

So just add as many poles as possible into a mesh?
And I know there are probably ways to make them with less parts XD

I would suggest remaking them in a 3D modeling software like blender. Then, import the mesh and redo the entire railing. I think this is the best way to go about it.

2 Likes

I do want to clarify that this

In this specific situation isn’t necessarily true. Unions aren’t great, but 27 parts in this manner is considerably worse. You’re right in that a MeshPart is much more efficient, but a single Union that’s copied (don’t just Union them all where they are, as that gives them different IDs) would work fairly well in this specific situation.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just split all of the poles into 6 mesh parts. Thanks for the heads up about copying unions instead of making multiple!

1 Like

It’l be a lot better if you create a mesh as it could lag really bad.

1 Like

A mesh instead of a meshpart? If so, how do you create one?

I said mesh because you create meshes in Blender as you export it into Roblox. It does not even connect with mesh parts.

1 Like