What is the correct way to remove a player from a seat?

I’m trying to move some NPCs from a seat to a location using the MoveTo function, but some strange things are happening. Not sure if this is some sort of bug, or maybe I’m going about this the wrong way? I currently use Sit = false on the NPCs humanoid before using MoveTo.

Here’s what happens on the client when I use this.
robloxapp-20220508-2224440.wmv (1.9 MB)

And on the Server they just remain in their seats.
Capture

Looking into a bit more, the seat weld remains in place on the server, but not on the client. I should also mention this is coming from a server script.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2 Likes

Should also mention, to get them in the seats I use Seat:Sit(Humanoid). Not sure if this would cause any issues.

There are many ways you can do this. The two top ways.

1. The way you are currently using it, by just using Sit = false

2. You can jump the character by doing.

Humanoid.Jump = true

This will make the player jump out of their seat and then you can perform whatever you want to them.

3 Likes

Tried using jump instead, unfortunately it still seems to be glitched

Please read this post here:

This seems to be an ongoing bug that roblox staff are addressing and claim they have fixed in the latest update but it directly addresses your npc seating situation.

If you can reply to that post i would advise it.

Updating to latest studio, by re-installing, might fix this bug.

2 Likes

This issue is not at all even remotely related to the issue OP is having. They’re not manipulating HumanoidStateType at all. Don’t encourage users to bump bug reports that have been solved and have nothing to do with their problem.

1 Like