What is the default roblox mouse icons IDs?

Hello, I am trying to make a highlighting system, when a player hovers their mouse, I am wanting it to change to the same icon that appears with a click detector. I know I can set the mouse image ID but I’m not sure what the ID is and cannot find a way to access the default mouse icons.

4 Likes

Just set the ID to a blank string; "". That resets it to default.

It’s rbxasset://SystemCursors/PointingHand for the pointing hand.

1 Like

rbxasset://SystemCursors is undocumented - Bug Reports / Documentation Issues - Developer Forum | Roblox

I tried using some of the ones on this list and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like

Well, they are documented (and they were then on the really old documentation website), but even since then, they haven’t worked. It’s been years and it hasn’t been fixed, but I hoped it did by now… lol. There may be another way, but limited from my knowledge on that specific matter, I cannot help further. My deepest apologies.

And here’s that documentation link: Mouse | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

Is there a way to load the icons and just publish them as my own images?

It may not be in your computer’s system files, but ff you’ll give me a few moments, I’ll figure out the path in Roblox’s system files where you can copy the image and copy and paste it if they are.

1 Like

Just tried uploading my own decal and setting it in my script, but it doesn’t seem to work either. This is really strange. Not sure if it’s a roblox bug at this point.

Asset I tried (didn’t work): 14401999113
Asset I found and worked: 3400146391

1 Like

I can’t find it Roblox’s files, so I would recommend doing a little more research, or wait for someone else to help that is a little more knowledgeable on this specific thing than I am. Sorry I can’t help anymore.

1 Like

I know this is almost like a year later, but I’ve been looking for the same thing, and I think what you’re looking for is this?
ArrowFarCursor
ArrowCursor