What is the easiest way to learn blender?

I highly recommend BlenderGuru to any Blender beginner. Follow along with that he does to get a feel of the program. He also has a PDF of the key shortcuts for Blender, which I believe is linked in his video descriptions. In between his tutorials, or when you’re finish with them, make simple objects to start out with to gain confidence. I recommend having the shortcut PDF and Blender side-by-side just so you can refer to it as you’re making your objects. You’d be surprised how fast you can pick Blender up. I went from making a basic mug to a Clone Trooper helmet within my first week of learning Blender.

3 Likes

I also recommend watching some of Blender Gurus tutorial videos on YouTube. When I first got into using Blender, I played around with some of the basic tools on the software then from there I discovered Blender Guru and spent about 5 hours straight one night just watching his videos. After that I learned a few more tricks plus some more on my own after. YouTube tutorials and playing with a new software on your own are both great ways to learning and expanding your skills. There are also a lot of hot keys for the software you’ll find handy while modeling. I suggest googling for Blender hotkeys and keeping the list somewhere’s with you.

1 Like

The easiest way is watching blender videos that is how i learn the basics about blender. Like Olav3D Tutorials and Blender Guru them both do good tutorial videos. i would suggest you search on what you want to make like weapons,houses,sculpting, or character! but the most easy way is looking at beginner blender videos. Many people just gave you suggestions i hope you search on what you want to learn…!

What i did (about 10 years ago) is sit down and watch every single blender tutorial for things that I wanted to achieve. Alternatively while article format tutorials can be dry they are also very informative.

YouTube really helps and I learnt everything from there as well. Took me around 2-3 days to be fully flexible after watching these 2 youtubers; mainly focuses on game asset creations:

1. Grant Abbitt : Does great tutorials on making low poly game assets as well as provides tips on various things such as best options and devices for blender performance and etc.
  2. Imphenzia : Does challenges like 10 minute modeling challenges and shows you how you can progress in Blender modeling and has great tutorials as well. (He does Unity game Dev tutorials too if u use Unity); great for beginners and for binging!

Also, both of them have their own Beginners Course series which u can follow along!

These are 2 of the best ones I have found mainly for Game designing and asset creating. Hope this helps ^^

2 Likes