What is the main difference with Roblox's new Future lighting technology and shadow map technology?

To be honest I really can’t pinpoint the exact difference for myself since my PC has very low specs and changing the Future and Shadowmap in studio really do not look different as far as I know, if you know the difference please send screenshot comparisons between the two, thanks for reading and have a great day

Future and Shadow don’t have much of a difference outdoors but within enclosed structures, the difference is pretty visible.

Future lighting is impacted by light sources, e.g. pointlights, flashlights, ect whilst Shadow lighting is only projected by the sun I believe.

Future gives a more realistic approach and in my opinion the lighting is of higher resolution.

Oh this has a similar topic as mine but I can’t find the “similar questions” that shows
Shadowmap vs Future… welp :sweat_smile: Please dont flag this post

1 Like

in my opinion, it gives the lighting a long-needed update and gets it up with new technology and engines and it looks more real than just making the color of a part lighter like old games used. overall it looks less old-timey now in my opinion.

1 Like