What is the maximum for a low polygon build?

How many polygons is classed as a low polygon build?
I just finished a low poly (looking) build and have a massive polygon count and im currently trying to decrease it.

Honestly, i think most people just think, hmmmmm looks simple and cartoony. Okay yep its low-poly.

3 Likes

I don’t think that there is a maximum number of polygons overall. I feel like you don’t need to make too many polygons because it could affect the build in a negative side. Of course it is my opinion.

You’re referring to this

What’s the total amount of triangles? Here’s a similar topic to look into.

1 Like

yes, I am. Referring to that, as is.

I built a house that looked low poly and I have a 3k tri count

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider 3,000 lowpoly if it’s only a house, would you mind providing a screenshot as it’ll allow experienced modelers to further investigate the problem. I’d highly recommend reaching out to @GuestCapone as he’s more qualified than I am to address this topic.

Also, I’d highly recommend familiarizing yourself with the modeling terminology as it’ll allow you to use google more productively whenever modelers are unable to assist you. It may seem ridiculous though believe me it’ll be worth it long term.

1 Like

I put an image up just before, when did I use the wrong terminology I’m a noob to all this sorry.

No reason to apologize Taylor, we all make mistakes whenever we first start out. I’d say your model is capable of being reduced to 1,000-1,500 possibly even 500-900 depending on what technique or add ons you’ll be using for game optimization. .

1 Like