What is the normal price for a shirt?

Hello fellow roblox devs! I have lately hired 2 clothing developers, and 1 of them wants to be paid per shirt. He is saying he wants 70 robux for his 1 shirt. I was wondering if this was a good price or if I should decrease how much he gets. Thanks!

2 Likes

Depends on the quality, and the complexity of the shirt, I’d say a pretty simple, average shirt should be about that price.

1 Like

In all honesty, even if he only spent a half hour making it, US Federal minimum wage would mean that you owe R$1,000 so he can get $3 USD by cashing out. You’re getting a deal, take it. Artists are seriously undervalued. They spend a lot of time for only a little pay, and they deserve more than minimum wage.

Edit: This isn’t a requirement to pay this much, because you’re not a legal employer, he’s not an employee, and you’re not paying him with real currency. But he probably deserves at least that much. Again, just take the deal.

3 Likes

Min wage only applies for jobs done in US currency.

Of course, I suppose I should have specified that it’s not a legal requirement. I was using that to compare how much he should have earned for his troubles. R$70 as a one-time payment is pretty much doing work for free.

Yes, I understand it’s not required but if we all payed everyone min wage basically no one would get a commission.

And if everyone actually expected minimum wage, then for that reason you mentioned, nobody would work on Roblox. This is getting off-track though.

70R$ for a shirt is a very good deal. If his work is very detailed and advanced, I’d maybe give him much more than 70R$. But even if not, 70 is a good amount in my opinion.

1 Like