What is the Real World Size in Roblox?

Somebody said 1 meter is 3.571429 studs and somebody said 1 meter is 20 studs, what is right? How can i check the right meter?

1 Like

How many studs is there in a meter - #30 by XAXA? Check this out. The studs may have changed since then though…

3 Likes

It depends on your metric. By gravity, 1 meter is 20 studs. By the height of a Roblox character, 1 meter is about 3.5 studs.

By the first metric, walking speed of a robloxian would be a 1.8 miles per hour, which is a pretty typical walking speed. In addition, gravity would be the same as earth gravity. The downside is that a character would be only 2 feet tall.

By the second metric, walking speed is over 10 miles per hour, which is insanely fast. So if characters are the size of an average human, then they are crazy fast and gavity is over 5 times earth’s gravity.

In addition, video game doorways (especially 3rd-person view game doorways) can be vastly oversized compared to the characters. So nothing ever translates perfectly to real life and you’ll spend some time tweaking all of your builds until things feel right.

3 Likes

Thanks i have my Gravity at 35 so (9.8 Meters/Second’2) How many studs would it be

Okay Thanks and i just now saw a post from a Roblox employee he said what my friend said 1 meter is 3.571429 but in yours he says 0.28 meters

3.57 studs/sec^2 around there.

Okay and is it normal that Vehicles look small in Roblox also when its the same size as Real world?

Really this doesn’t matter. It’s how you scale your game. If you make the average house 1000 studs long than well your average person should be like 50 studs long. It’s all proportional.

I think he means default roblox character.

Just google it and do the maths. It shouldn’t take very long.

It was like 1 meter = 3.5 studs the last time I checked…

BTW I dont think this belongs in scripting support. This should go in building support.

Either 1 stud is one metre, or 1 metre is 2.99792458 studs I would guess, if the physics of the Roblox universe relies on the mathematics describing the current SI unit of metre and the transition of light through a vacuum. I think the mass, and hence size of the Roblox world, and indeed the walking speed of a humanoid, would be determined by the shape and size, and almost exclusively by the mass (and all the nuances in material -molecular- composition, distribution, and type) of the baseplate. Here’s to hoping anyway, :crossed_fingers: