What is the Transform tool?

I have been developing on ROBLOX for around a year, and I have always avoided Transform because I have no idea what it is. I’ve used it once or twice to play with it, and I want to know what’s different between it and the rotate tool. (Besides the fact that you can see the degrees it rotates at.)

14 Likes

one useful function of the Transform tool allows you to grab any object (or group of objects) and drag them around while maintaining a locked Y axis. So you can drag things around from any camera angle and they wont move up or down on the Y axis.

7 Likes

It is kind of an augmentation tool that lets you select and move around different groups of objects or singular objects in more advanced ways. It can lock an axis, snap to planes etc. I am sure there are tutorials out there, but personally I hardly ever find a use for it. (Possibly because I am a scripter)

2 Likes

This tutorial is a bit older but it’ll give you some good information about the transform tool and help you get started with using it:

15 Likes

Think of the transform tool as a bundle between “Move”, “Scale”, and “Rotate” that has a grid on it. It’s a convenient tool if you learn how to use it, which is fairly simple, it acts like the aforementioned tools. The only downside is that you can’t move the part horizontally, but other than that, it’s very useful!

Thanks for the help!

4 Likes