What is this called and is there anything I can watch/read to learn it?

EDIT: From this game.

1 Like

these are just BillboardGuis being moved on a path.

Im not sure what you’re trying to show, you mean the coins moving? they either just have BillboardGUIs moving like @azqjanna said or its just UI made to be positioned from the middle of the screen (or using math to make it be where your character is but in a 2D place)

Please include information/text about future posts.

So they are local gui’s?

does that mean the script would be create the gui, attract it to location and destroy the gui? Is that AlignPosition or something else?

EDIT: They appear to hit my character. Idk if that is true.

Maybe tweenservice , i think

Possibly, Like i said, It could either be BillboardGUIs or UI (also yes its definitely local)

Maybe TweenService like @Miserable_Haven said, But we cant know for sure, Considering we dont have access to “Collect All Pets!” 's code.

Also, Are you looking to replicate this? or just know how they did it?

Well it was a good effect and when I saw they weren’t parts I got confused. Creating hundreds of parts/gui’s per second on a screen and running tweens for each of them…well you get the idea. LAG Central! So I was wondering what system they used.

1 Like

They most likely used TweenService, but a simpler solution would to just put AlignPositions in each of those coins, and make the target position the player’s position.