What is this "code suggestion" in Roblox Studio thing called? And does it look different for you too?

I recently noticed that this “code suggestion” popup works and looks differently, and I was wondering if there are settings for it, to configure how it appears and when it should appear, because it always appears now and covers the code above, because the popup blocks it.

Did it change for you too? What is the proper name for this popup?

Here’s an image, of what I am talking about.

1 Like

you must see in the outpot. it’s like print(“Hello World”).

1 Like

I do also have this, so its not just for you. its just roblox trying to help people understand what does what and where they should put it. Although it is a bit annoying at times and it for some reason prioritises some code over others e.g.
Before when you were to type “S” then tab it would autofill to “Script” Now it autofills to “Spawn()” which is hard to get used to.

Anyways I don’t think there is any way to change it, you could try looking into studio settings maybe?

1 Like

This can be disabled. Script Editor → Enable On-Type Autocomplete in your Studio Settings window. You can also hit the Escape key if you want to keep autocomplete but don’t want any of the current suggestions and it will dismiss the modal.

There’s no fine control in the vein you’re looking for in the thread but hitting escape should take care of that for you. Takes some time but then it becomes muscle memory to escape out autocompletes you don’t want (ly VSC for teaching me that).

3 Likes

The autocomplete is fine. Also, it disabled the autocomplete as mentioned, not sure what the documentation is supposed to be. However, the suggestion, so the top window that has the description of the function too, could not be disabled with this setting.

1 Like

However “Signature Help” did, the thing is, I actually don’t want to get rid of it completly. I just don’t want it to show up along with the autocomplete. I want it to show up, when I click on the function and type along with it or similar. Something like Visual Studio, not sure.

I think Visual Studio has this shortcut CTRL+SPACE that makes the suggestion appear, if that would exist in Roblox Studio too, then that would be cool.

2 Likes