What is this lighting glitch in roblox studio? Is there a way to fix it?

Not sure this is in the right category.
There is this weird lighting glitch in roblox studio, where shadows flash and it gets annyoing, and also when I scale a part it gets really laggy, any way to fix this?

Here is a video of it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11_qke5v5oz1fVtroONWP-U3bh86vvcJW/view?usp=sharing

please help me fix it

2 Likes

goes in art design support lol wrong category

and we cant see the file

1 Like

The file is private. Make sure to make it public if you want help! Or embed it here.

1 Like

Okay, I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Okay. I fixed the file issue…

Maybe reinstall? Idk why thats happening…

I just tired that and it didn’t work.

Hm, try adjusting the lighting maybe? Or turn shadows off then on.

1 Like

Does it only happen in studio? Or does it happen in-game also?

I’m not sure. Because I cant get into my own game because it only says “Waiting for available server” I let it sit for like a hour and still coudln’t get in.

1 Like

Try reinstalling the Roblox client and Roblox studio. And if you want to be safe about the joining issue (just in case), you could sign out other sessions as that could cause the joining issue too.

Roblox seems to be having some technical difficulties, I had to reinstall twice because of a “Memory leak” error that caused the client to crash.

1 Like

Hello! Does your game have free models? if so, then search in explorer for viruses and laggy scripts with the following names:

Virus
Infection
4D
4DBeing
Hello
…
Vaccine
GuestTalkingScript
Infected

If there are no viruses or free models, then maybe the lag is due to the number of blocks in the game (I have a similar situation.) You can union some of them or reduce your Studio’s graphic qualities in settings.

For the flashing shadows, you can change The Technology property in Lighting and change it to any, then put it back on shadow map, and this should fix it!

1 Like

Might be because of free models with virus and/or plugins. Remove any. It could also be a memory leak.

Okay so the lighting thing worked. And I used free model powerlines and it had prob 10 viruses in just one powerline and I put them all over the map. It didn’t fix the laggy scaling issue, but it did let me in my game, but then I was only getting 13 fps lowest graphics, and I play greenville on highest graphics 60 fps no problem, And my game isn’t even big yet. I searched for viruses and only found them in the powerlines so idk. I might just scrap the project.

whats a memory leak? 30 ch-arr