What is this warning/error in script analysis

It is currently 4am and I think I’m going insane what is this💀
I randomly got this warning, I didn’t even do anything to that script.

The entire line is marked orange as you can see in the 2nd picture.

Removing the entire line of that code which is literally just a comment, doesn’t do anything at all and keeps the warning + the orange line.

Has anyone else had this?

1 Like

Is this from your own script? If it’s not then it’s most likely normal, as your wifi or any other disturbances may cause Roblox’s own script injection to have some issues; however it shouldn’t cause any real harm to your game.

Yes this is 100% my own script.

But yeah possibly my wifi had issues but this is the first time I have been seeing this, so I thought I may post it here as I couldn’t find anything about it.

This typically occurs when the type inference system tries to access an instance that no longer exists or was never properly referenced. I think it is related to Script Analysis Beta. Do you have BETA features enabled?

I do have these enabled:

• Dragger QoL Improvements
  • EditableImage and EditableMesh
  • Gamepad Emulator
  • Texture Generator
  • Updates Roblox Controls

But what instance could possibly not exist anymore? That warning only pops up at line 1 of the code, and stays there no matter if its empty or not.

Is it every time you run the game? or only sometimes

This is likely a bug with their Script Analysis system.
I’d suggest trying a few things to see if you can clear it:

• Put all contents into a new Script Object
  • Save your work, close Studio, and reopen it.
  • If problem persists try removing everything below that line and see if it goes away.

If none of this solves it you could also attempt loading from a version that didn’t have the issue.

This is in the script analysis when I’m in studio, not even playtesting, just ordinary studios.

Yeah I made a back up of my work just incase and rebooted studio, everything was still there and the error was gone.

I was also very curious about this as I have never seen something like this before, thanks for the help =)

2 Likes

Yeah I think it’s just a bug.
The error suggests that the system was trying to infer or expand the type of an object or variable, but that object may have been deleted, unreferenced, or destroyed during runtime or before the type system could complete its checks.

Restarting Studio probably clears the bug.

Roblox Studio attempts to infer types for variables and instances dynamically while running the script analysis. This process is “lazy” in that it doesn’t immediately evaluate everything but does so as needed. Hence your weird Lazy Type message

1 Like