What is this Weird Script in my Parts?

I’m not really sure if this is the correct category for this, so tell me if it should go somewhere else.

Recently, I realized that there was this weird script in ALL of the parts in the game I’m making. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

Screenshot_107

Here’s what’s inside of the script.

There is also another script in workspace called AntiVirus that has the same code in it.

The game this happened in is in a game I’m making with a couple of my friends, and we didn’t use any free models.

1 Like

This, as you can probably tell, is a virus. The cause of it is one of your (or your friend’s) plugins. Will you send a screenshot of the plugins you use?

1 Like

Screenshot_108

I’m pretty sure the only plugin in this we used is GapFill.

Even if you only used GapFill, plugins can run by themselves (used or not). GapFill is not a virus so it is one of the other plugins owned by any of you.

1 Like

These are the plugins I have.

The only ones that I can say are safe are:

Part Counter
Archimedes
Model Resize --Though make sure it is from the original developer because I don't know who it is.
Beveler
AutoScale --I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it is safe
Load Character
Moon Animator
3D Text --Once again, make sure its from original dev
Part to Terrain
F3X Building Tools
Gap Fill --And the other plugins by Stravant
1 Like

Alright, I deleted some plugins that I didn’t need or that you didn’t put on the list and seemed sketchy. Should I just delete the scripts now?

Run this is the command line (to save some time):

for i, v in pairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
    if v:IsA("Script") and v.Name == "Fix" then
        v:Destroy()
    end
end

Keep in mind that if your friends have untrustworthy plugins, their plugins could also be the source.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! Now we don’t have to worry about a virus and actually work on the game instead.

2 Likes

I can vouch that gapfill is not a virus unless your using a fake version of it by some chance.

1 Like

This is the wrong category, but that’s alright… This is a very blatant virus from either a plug-in you have, or a free model that you used. Make sure all the plugins you use are made by trusted people and not some random group with a name like R0BLOXPLUGINS… Also checking comments of the groups that are linked with plugins are helpful as there are always people saying that they are backdoor viruses. Anyways, I hope I helped,

-𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓂

1 Like