What is ToWorldSpace and ToObjectSpace in CFrame

I read the Forum “What is the difference between ToWorldSpace() and PointToWorldSpace() in CFrames” and I’m still kind of confused on how to use it.

1 Like

Just read the info from developer.roblox.com

This is probably the laziest response I’ve ever seen, you didn’t even link them to the CFrame documentation.

5 Likes

I’ve personally never used it but in the response of that article it says this:

Here’s an article I found on the difference of Vector3 and CFrame.

For additional information, here’s the developer article on what you’re looking for. You just have to scroll down a bit.

In simple terms, it does exactly the same thing just with different input values.

ToWorldSpace:

• Have you ever tried F3X tools? If you have, you might be familiar with the options of changing the axis to “World,” which makes the object move in according to the world axis; origin at (0,0,0) on ROBLOX.

ToObjectSpace

• The axis using this would be the object. This is much like the default ROBLOX building tools, where if you rotate an object, you rotate it from the origin being the center of the current selection.

Correct me if I am wrong; I have never really needed to use this. :wink:

If my explanation was a bit too basic, then you can read more here: CFrame:ToWorldSpace() and CFrame:ToObjectSpace(), What is that? - #2 by alphajpeg

1 Like

I’m sorry then, I was busy at that moment and I didn’t even get to link it.