What level do you believe I'm on currently? What could I do to improve my current build?

Hello, lately I’ve been questioning myself exactly what level of building I’m on, and how I can improve on my builds to push my work effort, and detail into becoming a solid builder in the Roblox Development Community

I figured that the Devforum could help me with my question. My current project is a penthouse for my portfolio, any feedback extremely helps!

Feedback Questions;
*How can I improve my current build?
*What are your thoughts on my current build?
*What level do you think I’m on, or can achieve?
*Do you see any negative parts in my build currently?
*Should I add this in my portfolio, yes, or no?

8 Likes

Despite the lack of a roof, what you’ve made so far doesn’t look bad. However, any tips for improvement would be suited to a build with more diversity! Right now, there is not much but windows, columns, and lights.

2 Likes

So, what do you believe I should add more of inside to set the diversity?

More diverse lights?
Different styles of furniture, and plants?

1 Like

Just more in general.

• A better shape to the place – it is very boxy right now.
  • Different types of lights.
  • Furniture.
  • Art.
  • Colour.

Here is some nice inspiration on an apartment that is top class, in my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions, and the photo I’ll for sure add to what I have currently. I can see by what you mean of “Boxy”.

1 Like

Using real life as references can help you improve the detail and coordination work, look at real life examples of penthouses and their general qualities, look at the material palletes to understand how you can imitate those in roblox, their form and the furniture they have, etc.

See how you can create better transition spaces between blocks so it doesn’t seem out of place (the dark concrete wall is kind of weird with a light wooden floor, unless you’re an expert with using materials/color I would follow this format for coloring spaces from lightest to darkest: Ceiling > Wall > Floor).

The pillar work is also my kind of pet peeve on roblox for me since there is no base nor capital so for me this looks very pale. There is alot in areas you can improve on this build but there is not enough content to give it a definite judgement, you should keep working on this and see where it takes you.

Should you use this in your portifolio? Yes, you should, seeing work evolving shows how well you percieve yourself and grow.

2 Likes

Try not to detail it that much, it gives that very glitchy line effect and it doesn’t really appeal to others that much. Try and create the lines bigger or reduce the amount of lines added.

Looks good,

From what I learned is that you have to diverse your parts up if that makes sense. Having like 400 parts of a ‘cool’ wall could end up making it really laggy for when a user looks in the direction.