What lighting should be used for Low-Poly builds?

I have been building some Low-Poly pieces for my game, and I was wondering what lighting should be used, Voxel, Compatibility, or ShadowMap.

Voxel.

ShadowMap.

Compatibility.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

1 Like

I would recommend Shadowmap, as I am working on a low poly map as well and I feel like Shadowmap works well with it

Here is an example of my project with shadowmap:

2 Likes

I would try and mess around with different lighting settings and pick the one that best suits your build. There is no good lighting or worst lighting, as every build is different and has a different feel to it so I would recommend to use shadow map. In my opinion, if you get the shadow map lighting setting correct, it would look really nice depending if your going for a cartoony feel.

I’ll play with the objects you can insert into lighting, such as, Ambient, Brightness, ect. You could Play with the brightness in the lighting tab: You could also play with the other settings in there to get the theme you want.

Usually in low poly terrain you use quite bright’ish lighting, but then that depends on the theme most low poly developers leave the lighting alone but that low poly looks excellent nice job!