What makes a civilization rpg game more engaging?

hi!!

im currently making a simple civilization rpg game like GRG or Ancient Egyptian Roleplay

the general concept is, buy role, work, get money, buy items, etc etc etc. theyre usually really fun games where you act having a role then eventually you become the leader of the entire civilization, the leader can change taxes, wages, food prices, etc.

i just wanna add something to my game which makes it stand out more, but im not really sure. the games are usually quite saturated or just the same sort of experience but slightly different or themed around something

responds would be appreciated thanks!!!

1 Like

For some background engagement, a really good idea would be to add more interesting progression into the game, would be to introduce a “Tech Tree” to enhance character progression and set very visual goals for the players during onboarding.

If you’re looking for more active engagement, you could implement random world events? These could be anything from natural disasters to random NPC quests with their own storylines. It’d be best to keep these scarce, to not overwhelm the player, but enough that the player knows they are there.

1 Like

this really helps! sprouted a lot of ideas for me.

thanks for the reply

2 Likes

Make sure the world has a good story and have things be meaningful, so the players can feel like they are in a civilization! Add Npcs that are not like each other so it dose not feel like you talking to the same person.
Thats all my ideas for now!

1 Like