What mans can I use to make an application center that sends results to someone (preferably without discord)

Hello people of scripting support!
I am back again…
For my new game CreamPuffs Bakery I need to create an Application center. However, I do not want to auto rank people I would like instead to have the responses sent to the management staff. I know Blend does this but I am not sure how.

I thought about using HTTP requests but am not aware of A method that could send replies…
Is there A way I can do this (preferably without needing discord)

1 Like

Can you elaborate on where you want to send messages to the staff?

So when someone completes an application I want their answers to be sent to the staff. I do not mind if this is through Roblox messages or elsewhere. My question is what can I use in order to have them receive this does it have to be a 3rd party program…

You Could Use Google Sheets To Send messages, here is a tutorial on how…

You can use noblox.js for this. Though you would have to hook up an account to it with your roblo security cookie. You could do this on an alt in case something gets compromised. I have written code for this. If you are interested in this method I can go into further detail

Sounds good! Could you go into more detail please?

I would use glitch for this. It is free to use and we will be coding the app using javascript. At the top right click new project then click hello-express. Once the project loads click on server.js under assets to the left. You can clear all the code out as we will be coding our own. Paste the code below into the server.js script

var express = require('express')
var app = express()
app.get("/", (request, response) => {
  response.sendStatus(200)
})
app.listen(process.env.PORT)
const noblox = require("noblox.js")
const Cookie = "ROBLOSECURITY COOKIE"
var loggedin = false

async function Login() {
  try {
    await noblox.setCookie(Cookie)
    loggedin = true
    console.log("Roblox Account Logged in")
  }
  catch (err) {
    console.log("Roblox Account is not logged in")
  }
}

app.post('/sendapplication/:user/:message', function (req, res) {
  const params = req.params
  noblox.message(params.user, "Subject Text Here", params.message) 
  res.send(true)
})

Once you paste the code make sure to replace ROBLOSECURITY COOKIE with your roblosecurity cookie. Do not share this cookie with anyone as it can give them access to your cookies

I would also go ahead and make the project private so no one can steal your cookies. glitch will automatically make projects sleep after 5 minutes and you need to wake them up with an http request. For this, you can use uptimerobot Make an account then at the top left click Add New Monitor. Where it says “Monitor Type”, click and select HTTP(s). Put in a name for what you want it to be called.

Go back to your glitch app

Copy the live app link and paste it in where it says, “URL (or IP)”. Leave the Monitoring interval at 5 minutes. then click “Create Monitor”.

Now is the time to open up roblox studio. You need to make an http post request to the glitch app. To do this find the part of the code where you want it to send the application, (Make sure it is a server script) and then paste the code blow

local domain = "Project Name.glitch.me"
local userid = 2934038 --User id of the person you want to message
local message = "Message sent using glitch app and roblox!" --The message you want to send to the user
HttpService:PostAsync("http://"..domain.."/sendapplication/"..userid.."/"..message, {})
print("Application has been sent!")

Make sure to replace the variables with your own. Do not copy the link for the domain, change it to what the name of the project is. If you change the project name in the future make sure you update the script on roblox as well. That is all you need to do for this. If there are any issues feel free to reply to the message

2 Likes

I do not do JavaScript so I am not sure what to do but:
On line 23 and 24 User and Message are not defined

I found the issue replace your old code with the one below. Also for other people’s sake I updated the code above to work.

app.post('/sendapplication/:user/:message', function (req, res) {
  const params = req.params
  noblox.message(params.user, "Subject Text Here", params.message) 
  res.send(true)
})

By the way if you look up at the script for roblox make sure to put .glitch.me at the end of the domain

1 Like