What material and colors should I use to create low-poly models?

Recently I have seen many low-poly models, but the truth is I hardly understand about colors and materials, I just write code.

Could someone help me to start creating low-poly models?

1 Like

Usually the only materials you use in low-poly models is smooth plastic but neon can be used for windows. There isn’t really any specific color used in low-poly so whatever color matches what you’re trying to make is the best. I would advise you to just play around and test different colors to see what best fits.

1 Like

If your referring to the cartoony style the color can vary depending on what your wanting, use vibrant colors and lighting to make the colors stand out with the smooth plastic material. Since your wanting to create a cartoony look the examples shown with the cartoony style are usually created through an external software and studio itself.

If your wanting to accomplish this look there’s lots of builds that feature this same theme and all created in studio itself with the simple design. You could use the examples/image you saw you will see this is created using smooth plastic, vibrant colors and a good lighting feature.

There are many previous discussed threads related to this:

1 Like

If you want cartoony, low poly models, just use smooth plastic. If you’re going for something else just use any material that works. Neon, as @Nocentia quoted, also works for windows due to the fact it does not reflect for a cartoony vibe.