What numbers appeal more to players?

Hello DevForum members, I would like to ask a simple question today.

Let’s say we have a sports car like this available for purchase in-game.

Would it appeal more to players (young and old) to have a hyper inflated currency or a more realistic price. (E.g $400,000 or $40,000)

Please do give your opinion, Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:
(the game i’m working on is a gta esque game)

• hyper inflated currency ($900,000)
  • more realistic currency ($9,000)

0 voters

2 Likes

Well first of all this depends on what you’re selling in game but we’ll use the hot BMW M4 GTS from your picture.

In real life, MSRP for the car is around 140,000 USD. If you price the car lower, like 50,000, there will have to be a larger diversity of faster or/and rarer cars to choose from after buying this one. If this is going to be one of your rarest vehicles, have it into that ‘hyper inflated currency’ price range, because of it being a rare or really fast car.

Would higher prices appeal to any audience? Using the BMW, I believe it would appeal to them better if the price is lower but there are more faster cars in the game to purchase. If it is one of the best cars, it would be reasonable to be priced a much higher price (like 500,000 dollars) and would appeal to most audience.

TL;DR - It mostly depends if your car is the best in the game or if there is a wider diversity of cars to get after this one.

1 Like

I would think hyper inflated. Look at games like Miner’s Haven, where you can get a Centillion cash (300+ 0’s)
Getting bigger numbers is more fun than smaller numbers, even if the game works the exact same way.

1 Like