What price would be fair for my GFX work?

I recently made some GFX but now my question is: how much are these worth?

an GFX pfp

an GFX YouTube/Twitter banner

Commissions are closed

9 Likes

Hello!
I see your work, and I’m actually really impressed.

Anyways, here are my opinions about the GFX and the price:

GFX 1: an GFX pfp
It’s fine, but it doesn’t look that any effort are putted into it. It just look like you took your avatar and putted it behind a green screen and putted a blue picture behind it. 7/10
But, it looks fine, so I would say that this should cost: 75-250R$

GFX 2: an GFX YouTube/Twitter banner
Actually, very very good. Good quality and amazing text font. It just look amazing. 10/10 out for this one!
It looks very amazing, so I would say that this should cost: 300-750R$.

Thanks,
Schedency

8 Likes

GFX profile picture:
Your profile picture GFX looks pretty good. I’d say anywhere from 50 to 100 robux. Maybe even 150 robux if it’s a GFX using the buyers avatar.
Youtube/Twitter banner:
I actually really like this GFX banner. I’d say anywhere from 150 to 250 robux. It depends if it’s customized based on the buyers avatar etc.
Anyways, you’ve done a great job on both of your GFX’s! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Hey there,
I think that the best course of action would be to get a bit better and make more pieces before you start to sell stuff, because as is, judging from the few pieces you’ve published, your work is fairly simple and has many mistakes. I say that not to cause offence, but as a means of helping you get better. If you want to see what I mean, see below (it’s more or less irrelevant to your question on pricing, so you can ignore it if you want).

Mistakes

Brightness

I think this is most easiest to see on this icon. The level of brightness that the shadow of the hat on the left is casting on the character should be the level of brightness of the entire icon. As is, it’s a little difficult to look at because it’s so bright. The same goes for the below icon’s hat, which is blindingly bright.

Hats

I understand that the default position of hats is the way it is on roblox, but in graphics like the ones you have they just seem weird. For example:
The cat seems to be floating off of his shoulder, and at best has one point of contact between the paw and the character. It would look better if you made it so that the thing was at least balancing off his shoulder (you may need to make it smaller to do so)
In addition, you should take care to remove parts of hair and hats that clip through others, like below.

Noise

This is fairly straightforward, there’s a lot of noise in some of your renders. At first I thought it was because of devforum image compression, but once you click on it, the noise is still present. To fix this, increase your sample count (if you’re in blender).

Stretched texture

I can’t say this is a factor of all your work considering of the three pieces on your devforum post, only one has this flaw, but I think it’s still worth mentioning. You should make sure that textures aren’t stretched out like the background one below, because it looks visually unappealing.

I think publishing more pieces would help with deciding your prices, because as is there’s not much to work with. Right now I agree with @vAshinaa in that this looks like its worth something in the hundreds of robux. If you ever want to make more, I’d recommend learning more techniques, including design principles and the tricks/secrets of your software.

Hope your art sells well!

4 Likes

Thank you, im gonna use your tips to improve them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your GFX looks extremely good even tho some mistakes noted above.

3 Likes

I don’t want to bum you here, but these are mostly from a tutorial on Youtube made with free supplies. The pfp is a re create from a tutorial on easy free pfp’s. I suggest branching off and trying to discover your own good style. Good luck though!

4 Likes

Well, the quality seems decent. I’d suggest spending more time on future creations, its a little bit messy. Not to bad so far, good job!

1 Like