What programs can I use to erase parts of images?

Hello.
I was creating new shirt designs for practice and this is what I ended up with.

Shirt

Please do not steal this

I would need to know which programs or even websites I could use to precisely erase parts of the shirt. I already tried erasing them in the program I use, Medibang art, but when I export as PNG or PNG transparent, it does not work.

As again, anything you send me will be appreciated.

1 Like

A popular program is called paint(DOT)net.

I personally use it, and love it. There’s lots of plugins you can get as well.

3 Likes

I was always fond of GIMP until moving up to Photoshop itself. However, are you sure it’s not exporting transparent?

As you can see in this screenshot, the layer “shirt” is above the layer “red” and is just the direct image you posted. I didn’t erase anything; I just saved the image and opened it in Photoshop. (I just saved it for the sake of this example since I noticed when hovering over it with a browser extension that makes images larger that the transparent parts were white instead of the background color I was seeing.)

Some advice that I’d like to give though would be to use selections and then erase; for example, if you use a box selection on the bottom of the arms it can be erased a lot cleaner than doing it manually.

1 Like

After seeing what you placed in Photoshop, I’m a little confused since what I’ve seen has been non transparent.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

1 Like

Where exactly have you been seeing it, and have you tried uploading it to Roblox? You could just upload it as a decal rather than a shirt and test it in Studio by playtesting any place, (I’d recommend a blank baseplate) locating your player under Workspace and replace the URL in “ShirtTemplate” with the Asset URL (right click on the image in your Toolbox to get it) if it’s already been uploaded. Alternatively, you could also just click the “ShirtTemplate” box and upload the image from there; that’s the easier method but it didn’t come to mind until after I typed everything else out, haha. You also don’t have to wait for it to be approved since it’s your image.

Sorry if you’re already aware; different people have different levels of experience in Studio and what may be obvious to some may not be for others so I’d rather make sure you’re aware than just make assumptions!

1 Like

Perhaps you forgot to apply alpha to the template and removed the colors in place using box selections. That would have fixed the case of transparency.

Personally, I would use an already cut out image and just paint over that.

Something like this should work fine.

Although when exporting, you can usually choose the threshold for the alpha channel. Maybe try adjusting that, if you can with the program you are already using.

You could import it into paint dot net
and use the magic wand tool to select a certain color or shades you want to delete, best way to remove the white parts