What programs can I use to paint terrain so I can import the heightmap into Roblox?

I had posted this in development discussion but another user suggested it would be better for me to ask here. I’m still new to this forum.

I’m trying to build a large open world, but I want it to look realistic. I was recommended to check out both Quadspinner Gaea and World Creator 2. I’m still looking at both but neither seem to have an ability to straight up paint terrain, or at least I haven’t figured out how to yet in Gaea (Gaea has a free version, WC2 does not I think).

I just want to start with a blank base and then build up terrain so I can import the heightmap into Roblox’s terrain generator. Any other better alternatives I can check out?

I think Best Program is paint net
link for download it Paint.NET - Download
also if you want to import it you need to press save to jpeg or png and go heightmap in roblox studio click import heightmap and then select image

I know you can use clouds in Paint.NET but that just randomly generates it. I want to paint my own terrain heights. Think of World Painter for Minecraft, but its own program. Like I mentioned before I think there’s a way to do it in Gaea but I can’t seem to find any help on it.