What Service Might I Use For This?

Context:

Hello, devforum scroller! I made an experience like that of Pandora or iTunes a while back which I called Bloxtunes. To achieve my result, I went through the toolbox and added a ton of songs into replicated storage. As a result, the game takes an immensely long time to load and can take a long time to switch songs.

The solution I’ve come up with is to have a script that will pick out a random song from the toolbox from its ID. The only problem is, I don’t know what service would be used for this. Would Marketplace Service be used? If it’s going to be a pain in the butt to do this, however, I might just opt for making a list of IDs to use inside of a script, but that brings up another question. Is there any way I can have something that holds all the IDs and only the IDs and nothing else, and other scripts grab from that list? Kind of like how Python scripts can access .txt documents.

Questions:

So I guess here are my two questions:

What Service Would I use for this?

Is there any way I can have something that holds all the IDs and other scripts grab the IDs from that list?

If you have the ID’s in a list you can use InsertService to insert them.

1 Like

I already know how I’m going to play the songs, what I needed were these two questions answered:

The first one is talking about fetching the song’s data such as genre, artist, etc. The second I suppose could be done with a module script?

For the first question I think you can use this MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo()

For the second question. If you are planning on manually adding ID’s then you can put them in a ModuleScript table. If you want to query the Marketplace, there might be a way to do it but I don’t know how. (I’ll look it up, give me a minute)

EDIT: This is what I found. I think you can query the audio marketplace based on the information on that page.

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks like this is exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.