What Should Be The Ideal Door Size?

I use rigs to get the ideal size for my builds and their doors. But, there are rigs that are tall, such as Rthro. I’ve seen many builders use the R15 rig to get the size for their builds. But, you know, Rthro is taller than any other rig.

Here’s the size of the normal R15 rigs:

And here’s the size of the Rthro rigs:

A comparison of the rigs:

My usual door size:

Yes, the door size works for both rigs, from the tallest one to the normal one that I use. But isn’t the Rthro character a bit weird? I’ve never seen anyone become so tall that they are almost the same size as the door.

But I think that it still looks good and considering that a small number of people use Rthro, it’s not a big deal

My question is, what is the size YOU use for your doors? And why?

I need to know that because I’m bad at sizing my builds properly, I use rigs to measure, but still, it kinda messes up.

Also, I would appreciate it if you have any sizing tips for builds!

I use 0.063, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1, and so on in Move. It works really well for me. I use 0.63 occasionally.

2 Likes

All measurements here are in cm, but if you think in inches just divide cm by 2.54.

You have to think of the scale of the avatars.
For example, the standard (R6 & R15) Robloxian is 5.125 studs high x 4 studs wide (not including hair or a hat).
At this scale a person IRL who was 156 cm tall would be 122 cm wide!
When you build to that scale your doors are going to be shorter and wider.

I measured on my screen in your last picture, the Rthro is 3cm tall and the door is 3.6 cm tall, so 83% of the height of the door it’s standing by.
I’m 182 cm tall so if a standard door IRL is about 203 cm tall that would be about 90% of a normal door.

I tend to build doors that are about 7.5-8.0 studs high. I also make them 5-6 studs wide so avatars don’t appear cramped when walking through them.

Scale in Roblox is not realistic compared to their avatars.
Think about a standard R15 Robloxian sitting down in a chair. The seat would be about 1 stud off the ground for their feet to reach the ground, the headrest would be over 3 studs off the ground, the seat cushion would be 2 studs wide for the hips, and the armrests would be 4 studs across to match the shoulders.

4 Likes

(I translated this post from cm to inches with ChatGPT then understood but anyways…)

I also understood that the scale is unrealistic when I made my first chair in my building challenge series. It wasn’t my first chair but I didn’t cared about the details of the previous chairs that I’ve made. But I noticed that how my feet doesn’t reach the ground and also if I make it so that the leg reaches the ground, the chair would be really small and unrealistic. But I like the scale of height: 8 and width: 5 doors because they look realistic inside Roblox. But I might do some little adjustments to match them with my build. Thanks for the information!

Roblox still feels really real even when it’s not real, I never noticed these things until I started building on Roblox :slight_smile:

(Height: 8 Width: 6)

Height: 8 Width: 6

(Height: 8 Width: 5, my favorite)

Height: 8 Width: 5

Also, I checked the Height: 8 and Width: 5 door and compared it with my other doors in my building challenge and I saw that my latest build’s door matches with this size the closest, it looks like I’m starting improve in sizing my builds :eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.