What should I add to give depth to this cave?

Hello! I am currently making a game that involves caves and I’m trying to add a lot of depth to the models to make the game more immersive, but I don’t know what to add to it.

The cave is generated using pre made models. However, I have only made two because I really want to take my time with this.

(This also explains why the cave is perfectly straight)

Here are some photos of what I have now

I just want suggestions on what I should add to make it more immersive!

The fog needs to be a bit more intense, and you should turn the floor into terrain, with some light imperfections. Not much else I can think of.

2 Likes

I like the crystals you added but I think adding a few more wouldn’t hurt. I would suggest adding some in groups of a few crystals (if you know what I mean) and have them different shades of pink/purple just to give it a bit more taste.

Also, making cave slightly darker and more foggy like @GibusWielder said would help bring in the feel of being in a cave more.

If you really want to make it look good you could even add waterfall deeper into the cave going into a small pond with crystals in it. I’ve seen this done in lots of games and it makes it really nice.

Great job so far, I hope to see it once it’s done!

3 Likes

Here’s one section I tried to improve (There is no lighting to make it easier to see)

https://gyazo.com/119ba5f0e5a62727932ca28cc6c2a13c

Change your Lighting from “ShadowMap” to “Future”.

Make the crystals appear in clumps and change the sizes, it doesn’t look natural the way it is now. The crystals have no variation, the only difference is how they’re angled.

1 Like