What should I add to my game Explore And Craft?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    A much higher like ratio on my game.

2. What is the issue? Include enough details if possible!
    People are disliking my game and I don’t really know why.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    Adding more features, but I don’t have much time to work on development.

Here is my game:
https://www.roblox.com/games/5644451718/Explore-And-Craft?refPageId=20f88cbf-c462-4e31-97d4-3ba94b2010a5

What should I do to improve it?

• Better vehicles
  • Better buildings
  • Bigger/more detailed map
  • Daily rewards
  • More zombies/enemies
  • More ores/mining areas
  • Other (please reply)

0 voters

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Alright, the concept is great, but I think the vote system doesn’t represent what should truly be done which is…

Everything.

This game needs a lot of work. It needs much better vehicles. It needs more ore and mining areas. You should put a lot more into the build details. You should have a bigger and more detailed map. You should have daily rewards. You should more more zombies and enemies.

This vote seems like a way for your brain to come up with one thing to improve instead of many… but what you really should be doing is taking all of the features that you are asking us to vote on, and implement ALL of them into your game. Right now, the UI seems bland, there isn’t enough to explore, and there truly isn’t enough action going on. The lack of detail isn’t good, and you should take a second look at your map - there are floating trees and houses and parts that are just off. Scale proportions more correctly as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! I will try to work on everything, but as I said, I don’t have much time. This game is intended to be blocky, but I can add more details to the buildings.

What do you think I should work on first, though?

2 Likes

The details are the biggest thing for me. I think size is enough for now… Just work on making this game have some more details (THAT INCLUDES THE LOOK OF THE VEHICLES.)

I understand it should be kind of blocky, but it just doesn’t sit right with me… Too many things are off. Maybe make it a detailed blocky concept. Ex: the bridges are much more than one part, but they still have a blocky style.

And if you don’t have enough time for development, then flesh out your development over long spans of time.

1 Like

Consider changing the direction of the game. It’s called “Explore and Craft” but the “Craft” part doesn’t seem to be very important. The most enjoyable parts of your game imo are the vehicles (particularly boats) and the music.

There may be potential to transform this into a relaxing exploration game. The main problems there are the undetailed models (the terrain is OK as is) and the lack of things to find. Have a look at Marble Mania for ideas if you want to pursue this direction.

1 Like

I develop in very short sessions 1-2x/day. I do not want players to be left with half-finished features such as non-welded cars or buildings with no roof, which would cause them to dislike the game. Should I make my game private for a few weeks until my features are done and thoroughly tested?

No, keep it up and develop in a separate development game.

Then, when you are ready to publish, just publish into the actual game.

1 Like

But wouldn’t I lose all my visits, favorites, etc? I don’t know how to override the old file.

I was thinking about making everything on a baseplate underneath the map… would that work? And when they were completed, I could just move them up.

Good idea, but i was originally trying to make a Minecraft-like survival game… I think I would rather add more mobs and stuff…

Add a horde night maybe every 7 days and the difficulty increase I would also love it to be more FPS based maybe like a EFT type gunplay

You mean like a horde of zombies? Would it be better if I just made zombies spawn randomly at night instead?

What’s “EFT type gunplay”? This was not meant to be a zombie shooter game; it was meant to be an exploring and crafting game.

I just added a HUGE update!

The cars:

• now have suspension
  • are way more realistic
  • make engine sounds

The buildings:

• now are much more detailed
  • have windows and doors

There were also some other minor changes, but mostly the cars and buildings were updated.

What do you think I should add next?