What Should I Add To My New Game Before I Release It?

Hey, I’ve been working on this game called Ninja Academy for over a month (solo). The average playtime is about 2 minutes and I’m having trouble raising it. Suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated.

https://www.roblox.com/games/5759299998/Ninja-Academy-Beta?refPageId=3294e5ac-a1fe-41f8-90a5-7295410dafc9

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

That isn’t very constructive. Asking how to make the game more enjoyable is essentially what he’s asking.

Anyway, I think you should add hints and pointers to what the player should do when they first join. For example, Anime Fighting Simulator has quests that one does, which the game teaches you how to complete. Your description is going in the right direction

☆Live independently in a dorm as you go to school to become a ninja
☆Participate in classes to earn XP
☆Level up and earn Jade
☆Use jade to purchase rare items such as swords and clothing
☆Graduate from Ninja Academy and protect your village

Having that visually in-game when a player first joins would help a lot. When I came in, I had no idea what to do. Also, one good topic that I’ve read spoke about how good games that are first starting out acts really well as a single-player game and a multiplayer game. If a person first joins and sees that there is nothing to do alone, then they will not stay. If they join and see that there is something to do (as in singleplayer gameplay), then they will stay, and soon someone else will join and stay for that reason, then multiplayer gameplay can take flight, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the feedback. I added a tutorial at the beginning; if you have time could you please check it out and tell me if it’s still confusing. Thank you!

1 Like

Should I add a daily reward system? If so what should it be (ex. Jade)?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I looked at your game, it’s a neat concept! I like where it could go.

I found the map a bit sparse and the indoor spaces too large for the size of my Roblox character and the objects in those spaces. Some rooms felt really empty, they either need to be smaller or have more things in them.

Breakfast was too short and I didn’t receive my mochi :frowning:

I like the ideas for the classes, I think some of the minigames could be made more challenging.

The UI looked pretty good, it was easy to understand. The character customization window blocked my avatar from view though (which is something I did wrong in one of my own games back in the day) so I recommend shifting the camera when the character customize window is open.

With a bit of polish this is the sort of game I would really enjoy playing! Great job so far, good luck on it!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll add some obstacles to the stair climb to make it harder. For the sword swinging class I’m not sure how to make it more fun. I was planning on making it a sword fight, however I wanted everyone to be able to earn XP, not just the winner. Was the maze and obstacle course too easy, too hard, or just right in your opinion? I’ll be sure to fix the food system and the character customization camera. Also when you first joined did a UI tutorial pop up?

1 Like

There are many things you could add to make your game enjoyable when the game gets fully released to the public. While the game and UI designs looks interesting and not overdone, I would recommend adding (daily rewards) to reward players for playing your game or returning. Jade stones could be a nice addition to add for a ‘daily reward system’.

From viewing the maps they do look rather large with not much props around the area you could implement other additional details the repetitive trees aren’t needed, as I see you used them to make it less empty add some cottages, perhaps a forest area with a variety of building types; If your losing inspiration or general ideas take a look at existing games related to your theme and genre.

I do recommend adding more challenging levels to have a more interesting, game with that enjoyable gameplay within it. You need to add options to your game to make people enjoy It more; the UI tutorial pop up is a good fitting as it’s there for new players that don’t have a proper understanding on what your game is about.

Otherwise, there’s so much you can add before releasing your game quests - levels - provide different types of rewards - and ways to achieve ends of a certain level through paths, obstacles and more. Best of luck with your game!

2 Likes

I didn’t see the maze when I played, but if you want to test it I recommend asking a friend or family member who hasn’t seen it before to try it (or ask a few of them); time them and average their results. Then just make sure there is a little more than the average for your time limit. That way it doesn’t matter if it’s easy or hard, the time limit will be balanced to it.

Also, you could still have the sword class be fighting, just always award XP to everyone. Perhaps give a little extra to the winner.

2 Likes