What should I add to my zombie defense game?

Apologies if this is the incorrect category. Not sure if I should set it as development discussion or game design.

I have been working on a zombie defense game, where you fight endless hordes of zombies. So far, I’ve made a gun framework, but I’m not sure where to go from here.

I plan to do the actual zombie AI later on due to the complexity of it, but I’m not sure what to add before that.

What I currently have planned
  • Upgrades for your weapons and character, like in Mann vs. Machine in TF2

• Buildable stations to support your team

• World-wide leaderboards

• More gun features (let me know if you have any!)

• Server browser/creator

• Loadout editor

If you want to see my current progress, here it is (very barebones, don’t think of this as the final game lol):

Video

Anything you guys have in mind?

2 Likes

Zombie skins
Daily gamemode where you have a new level each day you can play for a prize of some sort

Right category, no worries

4 Likes

The viewmodels and viewmodel scripts are good but can improve.

Maybe in the future, add like a story mode, jeep crashes, protect the king till help arrives, etc.

2 Likes

I am going to give you some advice if it works for you, give me a solution:
-if a player dies, he will get a zombie screamer
-if you don’t know how to make a screamer on YouTube everything comes out
-play zombie attack and the other ideas will come to you

2 Likes

Improved the code for the gun framework, tinkered with the gun sway, made a button system (that’s totally not ripped off from half life 2), and finally added some sounds and particles!

I’ll probably start working on vehicles next, anyone have anymore ideas or improvements until then?

2 Likes

wow the game is good
add a box like the one in call of duty

1 Like

What do you mean? Like, ammunition boxes?

1 Like

box in which a random weapon comes out and that costs money, sorry, I don’t know much English

1 Like

Looks really good. You might want to fix the part where the ViewModel is positioned wrong.

1 Like

Could you show me what you mean? I don’t see anything wrong with it.

When you equip the gun, it’s positioned around the center of the camera. That’s what I mean, you should fix that. For visual wellness.

1 Like

Ah, that’s what you meant. It was because of the FadeTime:

1 Like

Alright, I found a pretty neat pathfinding module, so I’ve decided to start working on the AI early! Also added some basic recoil using spring. Oh, and changed the AUG model.