What should I name my cooking game?

Hello, I was building some assets for my cooking game, when I wondered what I should name it. Deleted so game idea can not be stolen. due to its similar concept, but I was worried about DMCA. I named it Diced for now, but am still wondering if that’s a good name. If you vote “Other Name” please reply name suggestions. Here is the game; Diced - Cooking - Roblox.

Images

Poll:

• Diced
  • Other Name

0 voters

2 Likes

The game is private and ill let ya know if i think of a game

Sorry about that, I have now made it public.

Boil’n Adventure (or something), Hey Chef! all i got. if you’re actually looking for Chopped Chop’d isn’t bad

2 Likes

name it cooking simulator and enjoy a free frontpage game

1 Like

Honestly, this isn’t always as great an idea as people think. In fact, I think that it’s harder to make a successful “simulator” game than many people give their creators credit for.

Based on my experience creating simulators, I have found that when players read “Simulator” in the name, they are looking for an experience that closely resembles the other “Simulator” games on Roblox. They join “simulator” games expecting features such as:

• An almost mind-numbingly simple, infinitely repeatable, core game mechanic that can be streamlined through purchases and become more rewarding as they play
  • A linear and limitless advancement structure where, the more the player plays (and spends in Robux), the more they will achieve in terms of in-game goals such as wealth or levels/experience.
  • The availability of in-game items (cosmetic or otherwise) that are tiered in terms of rarity and inherent value (such as pets, skins, and so on)
  • Overall competitive in-game structure where players are driven to have achieved more than other players and feel proud about their achievements (through leaderboards, displays of wealth, levels and/or experience, titles, or otherwise).
  • An interface that resembles other simulator games in many way

I wouldn’t say that naming a game a “simulator” is in any way a “free front-page game.” The players have quite specific expectations as to what the gameplay will be like. Games that aren’t designed to match this model should probably consider taking a different approach regarding their game’s name.

Once again, this is based on what I’ve noticed in my endeavors. Perhaps some people have seen evidence to indicate otherwise.

6 Likes