What should I price my GFX?

UPDATE:

Improved Render:

Hello there! There seems to be some kind of trend right now on the DevForums about GFX-Pricing, so I got curious on what you would pay for a GFX like this. You can, of course, criticize my work.

Thanks in advance.

-Coyann

5 Likes

I’m not Superman when it comes to GFX, but I think it would look better with a shadow to make it more realistic.

I would pay 500 robux for something like that.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I am already using a sun-object that has shadows enabled. I think you can’t really see shadows because it’s pretty dark and the trees are sort of blocking it.

Hey there!

I see the characr has a little bump but it looks like he has a skin disease at his hands. Another thing is that there is (almost) not any lightning or shader. Maybe add a bit reflectance and shading?

Nice work!
Along with what everyone else said, I love the realism of the trees and background. Based off of the quality of this, and how that is compared to other GFX designers work I would price this between 500-750 R$.

-Cap

Thanks! Yeah, the skin disease is caused by the displacement map, I will change it now.

Besides the skin issue, the character almost looks like he is not interacting with the environment what so ever. The trees in the BG (which btw could look better) clearly has some light coming out from the left, but nothing on the character. There are no shadows on the environment and no imprint where the characters feet are. Maybe 250 robux?

Thank you for your feedback! The Trees in the back are 3d scanned and I don’t think you can get any more realistic than that, maybe I could change the texture or something. I have soft shadow maps ON so you can probably not really see the shadows. I will turn hard shadows on now. The imprints from the feet are really difficult to make and I have no clue on how to really do that, but I will figure out something.

No, if its 3D scanned it must’ve not been done correctly or not implemented correctly. 3D trees can look a lot better.

^ 3D rendered

That’s the collection where it’s from: https://sketchfab.com/demoon/collections/ref_vegetation

He is holding the gun up too high and the lighting is kinda strange, we don’t really see where the blue light is coming from and it only hits the character and nothing else

Other than that great work so far

Character isn’t the most realistic.

• He’s standing on what appears to be a slope, however he looks too vertical.
  • His head is tilted to one side, which suggests that he’s probably trying to see something better. Realistically, if you want to see something better and have a gun with a scope (which it appears he does), then you would use it.
  • The gun’s placement is sloppy and unrealistic, imo, could be improved. Possibly even the positioning of their arms.
  • If you’re going to do what’s listed two points above and make it so he’s looking through the scope, you could use that as an excuse to make it appear like they’ve just shot a bullet, with smoke and a flash.
  • Their eyes are being covered by the helmet - not very good protective gear if you can’t see what it’s protecting against to react in time.
  • The big bold watermark “COYAN” isn’t the best. I personally think that watermarks ruin GFX, but in this day and age, are unavoidable. Transparency may make it appear better whilst also retaining the difficulty to remove it.
  • Depending on what the terrain actually is, maybe have his feet “slide” into it (currently under the impression that is sandy)
  • Just noticed there appears to be a log in the background - it looks too similar to the terrain that I would have missed it if I wasn’t actively looking or background detail outside of the trees. (and the inner wood texture being different)
  • Legs are a bit weird, curving outwards at opposite directions give a sense of fear (other options are needing a toilet or having leg problems) - as they “knobble” together. This contrasts with his face which seems angry. Honestly, having 2 black lines either side of his face isn’t realistic, he went through all that trouble of coating his body in camouflage to put big bold lines that would stick out like a sore thumb. Likewise with the helmet (less noticeable due to colour) and the gun. Both would stick out, maybe add some camo to those too.

Thanks for your answer! So, first. Cool suggestions with the character positions but I think it will be difficult to not let his helmet cover his eyes because it looks weird if I scale it. The “COYAN” is just so nobody can just steal my image, if that would be a commission I would have scaled it down and made it slightly transparent. I am currently reworking the background and basicly -everything-.

Thanks for this long answer!

-Coyann

You don’t need to scale the helmet, you can rotate it.

I’ve changed the camera angle so you are looking up from the ground. Fixed it.

It would look a lot better if it had shadows, and more detail to it.
I would pay about 350 for this.

Updated the render, should look better now! :smiley:

Better, but the reflection isn’t accurate. You used symmetry/mirroring, going off the camera angle, it wouldn’t be the exact same.

Hey I love these graphics and I was wondering if it is ok for me to use the first one in my game?

The second one - the blue lighting looks cool - but its a bit out of place you know?
it does look good but I would pay about 100 - 200 robux but if it was more quality I would pay quite a bit more! good luck in gfx! :slight_smile: