What should I put in the background of this map?

I am building a board game on Roblox, and the style of it would be an island paradise/resort. This is my first time experimenting with terrain, and I have no way of really comparing it to anything else. Any ideas/feedback would be very appreciated!

Pictures

Notes: The main area is still being worked on, any text which is low definition will be replaced with a more soft font, and the board is subject to change. I am currently only looking for feedback on terrain/background.

4 Likes

For the location of it, I’d recommend adding some other islands, ships, maybe some planes for the sky (skydivers?). Definitely gotta do some palm trees haha.

I think that’s about all I got, gl!

3 Likes

I think you should add some nature. Like lots of plants, palm trees, etc. In the background, I think you should add a few more islands, and maybe some little canoes or other types of boats. That’s all I could really think of.

3 Likes

I would add more detail. Trees, benches, flowers, other islands and nice sky etc.

2 Likes

I got a few Ideas of things you could add:

Animals

• Maybe some seagulls flying around above the island.

• You could have some little animals running around the island like crabs(since it seems to be some sort of tropical island), maybe a monkey in a palm tree or some turtles on the beach.

• You could have some dolphins swimming around and jumping out of the water every now and then.

Buildings

• A little hut on the island, maybe next to the chairs. There could be a radio at the hut or maybe players could buy food there.(unsure on how the game works so not sure if that would be possible)

• Maybe a boat docked at the jetty. You could expand on this and have things like: if players lose they game they leave on the boat or when the game starts they arrive on a boat.

• Some paths around the island.

Enviroment

• Like @NK4Z and @rooboo14 said you should add some nature things like palm trees, some fallen coconuts or fallen trees , bushes, grass, maybe some rocks ect.

• A volcano island off in the distance that sometimes erupts for some cool visual effects would be pretty cool

• You could change the skybox.

Hope some of these will help and gl working on your game!:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The island you have looks really good so far. I like the style your going for however it is a bit empty, so here is a couple of things i’ll add to your “Paradise Resort” to look more! Better and to bring it out more overall most islands have palm trees, plants, flowers, ect. To look like a island so here is a few ideas. I got you could add to your island!!

Island Huts
The style your going for is a "Paradise Resort, so most of those islands have bamboo huts, bungalow hut, bora bora hut, nipa huts, to fit in with the paradise style. So consider adding a couple of huts around the island so it could! Look more better and then you could, add some island details. Such as lounge chairs, plants, bamboo umbrella, tree, rocks,canary flowers ect. Those is what i’ll add to your. Island as you can see below huts and other different, details are added to the islands and, some huts are in the water you! Could try implement some of. Those in different areas just to look more decent!!

Animals
Paradise Resort needs some little animals around, the area and in the water to look more like a island. So i would recommend you add some seabirds, sea lion, sharks, crabs, fishes, flamingo, tortoise, iguana, waved albatross ect. These are just a couple of animals that needs! To be on islands and water consider adding, crabs on the sand part just to fit the whole, scene and little birds in the sky and some on palm trees. Plants ground i would recommend that as most, islands have these little guys wondering around the island area. And some in the water as well you could add some more! Islands so you could add all of the, different details to your island.

Reference Huts

Details
Know your island needs some details to it as i said, add some huts around your paradise resort. And then you could add some palm trees, plants, flowers, grass, shrubs, cactus plants, coconuts, ect. These details need to be added to your island i would! Just add palm trees, plants, just to fit the whole scene as, most islands have a lot of. Vegetation around the area but the style your going for it has plants, and trees i would just add those here. Is a couple of things you could add to your island…

Decorations

• Coconut Trees
  • Trees, Palm Trees
  • Flowers, Strelitzia Plant
  • Liverworts, Hornworts
  • Lounge Chairs, Umbrellas
  • Wooden Boats, Bamboo Tiki Hut

Anyways, those are just a couple of things you could add to your island to bring it out more. As well to fell it up a little you don’t have, to add all of them just a couple! Can’t wait to see your project of a Paradise Resort!! Great work.

4 Likes

Thanks! What I’m thinking is to remove the center panel so I can put even more decoration.

2 Likes

I’d suggest to put a endless mountain for the view.

1 Like

Most people have already written enough, but I’d suggest experimenting with changing the colors of your water, sand and grass terrain.

You should also expand your water, so there is more space to create a larger, more detailed island-like background.

Otherwise, best of luck! :v:

2 Likes