What system Strongest Battlegrounds uses for movesets?

I was thinking to rework my game’s moveset system. How does “Strongest Battlegrounds” deals with that? tools? or uis?

5 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt since I don’t have much experience with scripting, but here’s what I personally do:

• Add an IntValue to the player when they join that indicates their character.

• Add a folder in ServerScriptService that contains every moveset (which is also a folder with Scripts, RemoteEvents…) with their scripts disabled.

• Check everytime a player’s character spawns, then clone the moveset that has the same name as the player’s IntValue and parent it to the character; also add another piece of code that checks for every item in the moveset and for every item that is a script make it enabled.

• Finally make a Gui menu for the player to change characters, then make it so that the player’s IntValue changes to the text of the button they press in there and respawn the character.

TL;DR: IntValue tracks character selected, game injects the moveset that corresponds with that IntValue on the character when they respawn.

2 Likes

Simply have a module for each moveset, then you only need to change which module is used for a given player when they change their moveset.

4 Likes