So I have made a game but before I release it what are the things I need to check before releasing it
Check for bugs and see if everything is working right then call out a tester to test it ,this is what i do to release my games
The first thing I’d check is the developer window (F9 in game) this gives you insight on to memory usage, ping, request times, a complete script profiler (sever side and client side), datastore stats, server stats (like bandwidth), and a micro profiler. These are all things you can use to check if your game is running smoothly and there are no hangs in scripts or memory leaks.
- Get OTHER people to play your game, other people can show you their opinions and may not have biases, this can also show flaws in your game
- Like @steven4547466 said, check the developer window to make sure everything is ok in there (bandwidth, mem usage, etc)
- Just replay your game as a “new player”, or get a new player to play it, some mechanics may be super intuitive to you, but not other people.
- Run through all your scripts and optimize them, by searching “Script” in the explorer. This one takes a while and is a pain, but trust me in the end, your game will run way better and might improve UX in some points
- Finalize UI, make sure all UI has the same style, and color scheme. This will just make it more pleasing to the eyes for new players!
I hope I helped
Ye this should belong in development discussion I forgot that I have a draft topic and it has been set to scripting support… But thanks for the reply
- Check to make sure all plugins and free models you use do not have any viruses.
- Make sure your game complies with the Community Guidelines to ensure it doesn’t get moderated.
- Check for critical bugs.
- Make sure it does not use up too much memory.