What type of DataStore should I use and how?

So, I’d like to make some kind of simple datastore that stores user credits/money every time the player joins and leaves but I don’t know if I should get onto normal DataStore or DataStore2, cause I also would like some kind of safe system which I can be sure people don’t abuse or are able to get into.
This far I used only DataStores like that

local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService")

And never really tried to experience DataStore2 nor did I think it would be easy.
If it was possible, I would like to know how to learn DataStore2 and how to use it.
Thank you for your attention given to this DevForum post.

Modules like DS2 and ProfileService just provide a framework and facilitated API for you to work with. Realistically you still need to use good practices in saving/calling data for any option you choose. I personally find ProfileService the most comprehensive and easy to use, but any framework can help to speed up writing code.

There are an abundance of resources for both DS2 and ProfileService on the DevForum and on their own APIs.

1 Like

Would this alternative work with Sleitnick’s DataStore Editor?

1 Like

Datastore2 goes off of a specific saving method so it’s a little tricky to edit data with that datastore editor (for me at least).

Alright, thank you very much, I think I’ll somehow get to move around it.