What type of lighting is best to use?

Heyo! I’ve been through almost all lighting options. Some fit well, some don’t. I have a question that I’ve wondered ever since I started my town map. What lighting is the best to use? I’ve attempted to use shadow map but I don’t know how to use it. Can anyone help with that?

2 Likes

I recommend Shadowmap. I will be using it in my roblox game.

1 Like

As I stated above, I’ve tried to use it, but it didn’t have the affect I hoped for. I think I’m doing something wrong, but I don’t know what, can you help? I would love to provide pictures but I’m on mobile, give me about 15 minutes to get on my pc.

2 Likes

I think it depends on what feel you’re looking for for your game. Just experiment around and see what looks and feels the best.

2 Likes

I will show you a post you can look at to make your game look better:

4 Likes

Types of lighting is not gonna stay for very long, as soon as FiB is complete, you’ll only have that :slight_smile:

As for calibrating Shadow Map properties, I usually set my Brightness to 2, add a colour correction and set the contrast to 0.2 and set the shadow softness to either 0.5 or 1

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, you too @wevetments once I get on my pc I’ll try it out and get back to you.

2 Likes

Try and mess around with different lighting settings and pick the one that best suits your game. There is no best lighting or worst lighting as every game is different and has a different fell about it. As @wevetments said, “types of lighting is not gonna stay for very long”, so I would get used to using shadow map. In my honest opinion, if you get the shadow map lighting setting right it looks very nice.

2 Likes

Just like waterrunner said, i would just mess around with the different kinds. Of lighting just find the one that fits into your game, and that looks great you well definitely find the right lighting setup for any of your games. But for know the new lighting is not gonna last long, hey well come out with new lighting very soon, so i would suggest @wevetments idea like she said so far…!

2 Likes