What we announced at RDC 2023

The creator marketplace fee removal is HUGE for freelancers THANK YOU

107 Likes

I’ve felt a negative trend of opinion towards Roblox, many of these changes are unexpectedly positive and amazing on the Roblox Team and has shown, that now, you’ve been listening to us more than you have.

Which, I want to say thank you for that and I covered much on an account I founded, called @Roblox_RTC on Twitter. Another thing I want to mention is that, THE STREAM CRASHED!!! BUILDERMAN, PLEASE FIX IT!!

85 Likes

Any updates Reliability types for RemoteEvent - #32 by CountLoops? This crucial feature seems really overdue…

Edit:

They have now released a video talking about unreliable events that they are aiming to release this year.

89 Likes

Playstation! Finally!

Really looking forward to tomorrow, RDC has been great so far!

65 Likes

We are extending our Open Cloud APIs to include APIs to access your Data Model. This will open up new use cases. For instance, imagine being able to update what items you are selling in your experience shop by changing a few cells in a Google sheet.

Amazing, I won’t have to import JSON formatted strings into roblox to do this anymore

43 Likes

Subscriptions, more audio API features, the file syncing and secrets are great additions, looking forward to them. Besides the additions, I have few questions:

1. Are there any plans on increasing the texture resolution limit?
  2. Since so much effort has been put into grass, are there any plans to implement proper foliage support?
  3. With more audio controls coming, will we get more control over the voice chat API?
  4. Since lighting was mentioned, when can we expect to see light leaks fixed?
59 Likes

Amazing New Features! Can’t Wait.

48 Likes

Thank you all for your contributions and transparency to the platform this year.

Looking forward to seeing file syncing in the near future. :sunglasses:

43 Likes

Roblox coming to Playstation is really a great step for the platform as a whole, I’m wondering though if we will be able to utilize the Dualsense controller in Roblox Studio for our games.

45 Likes

LET’S ACTUALLY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT’S PLAYSTATION TIME!!!

Also subscriptions are a huge W in the monetization department (especially with the fact that half of the 2 year olds buying the stuff won’t notice the robux drain month after month :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face:)

57 Likes

These upcoming features are AMAZING.

They are pushing the boundaries and truly showing that ROBLOX is a very capable and powerful engine. I really like seeing the changes in monetization, like subscriptions, US$ purchases and marketplace fee removals (not so sure about that). All amazing features for developers and freelancers that wish to try out ROBLOX but are scared of funding, especially after controversies that we’ve seen recently.

The improvements in ROBLOX’s engine are also great, showing that ROBLOX isn’t only a blocky game, but can end up as a truly amazing 3D engine, capable of extreme things.

Seeing the improvements in User Experience are also great! Calls, advanced banning and verification API, security updates on backend systems, these are features that help ROBLOX become a more safe and trusted environment, without the worries of risks and civility issues.

I personally cannot wait to see these amazing features come out, and see how far ROBLOX will grow.

37 Likes

What are the requirements to join the program from the start?

36 Likes

an absolute blessing this rdc from roblox, hats off to them.

file syncing is probably the highlight of the lot to be honest.

35 Likes

This may have been the greatest RDC yet, in my personal opinion. Thank you, these are changes we’ve wanted for ages, I just hope all of them are actually implemented, since in the past RDC has over-promised things often. To be honest, I wasn’t even expecting some of these things. A proper Banning API for moderation (Woohoo finally!) and the Creator Marketplace changes not having a marketplace fee, a proper B2B marketplace, allowing selling directly in US Dollars, and experiencing ownership transfers, proper studio file syncing APIs, a much more proper audio API, are actually amazing changes

With that said, I do think the Public UGC is a bit odd, having a requirement for a Premium Subscription seems pretty backward in how it was going, based on Roblox removing pretty much all Creator features from Premium in the past. Clarification on what fully happens to the UGC Program would be great too, can you still apply for it, does it give you other stuff within the marketplace, like waiving the Premium requirements, etc.

39 Likes

the grass is cool but no one is ever going to use the AI things so stop and focus on more important things like cel shading on mobile

40 Likes

Disappointed with how virtual attendees were treated this year, unlike pervious years were we received a guilded server, irl/virtual swag, able to ask questions and other things, this year all we had was a livestream that every other person who didn’t even get invited had access to.

At this point if virtual attendees aren’t going to get anything then just get rid of virtual, live-stream every session to everyone and focus all your efforts on in-person.

48 Likes

I am disappointed about virtual RDC this year. It felt like we weren’t with anyone, with nearly nothing different from normal viewers

With that being said, it was nice to join the live events with a few roblox staff

35 Likes

This is all fine and dandy but…

Where is the Audio Update Followup?!
We were promised the ability to distribute audio freely on the marketplace again and yet I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere, nor is it already released!

Honestly Roblox it’s been 2 years since you’ve shut down audio distribution when will you finally re-open it again? Especially with the new audio features you’ve promised, now is a good time more than ever!

Ban API - Potential Abuse
You mentioned that you may use ban-data from players to ban people who appear to get banned in many games, what’s stopping someone from making a ton of alts/games and banning popular players in all of them, so it appears they got banned in thousands of games? Aside from that, glad we’ll get an official API for this!

Anticheat - Support for Microsoft Client and Android
This is a major W! Thank you for ensuring you won’t stop till the exploiters are gone forever!

50 Likes

This is very cool, Hopefully will make Rojo redundant and be simple to use.

28 Likes

Remember that Roblox is also used by people that don’t know how to program/build and simply want to create small games for themselves and for their friends.

26 Likes