What we announced at RDC 2023

Sadly, no one would likely spend that many Robux anyway. To be honest, it’s better to stick to movable GUIs i cant think of the name off the top of my head on what they are called, but because with the price they’ve set i feel like its too steep just for like 20-30 seconds, you can take that money and reinvest it into creating other games or whatever you like

1 Like

does this include game pass sales? technically they are a part of the creator hub.

im pretty sure youll loose a big chunk even when devexing it

I did a little digging and found out subscriptions are gonna be paid directly through real money, so the tax can’t be thatttt bad right?

Yeah, but you are still losing money either way. Roblox makes more money. Stores buy codes in bulk, and Roblox gives the store a discount. Therefore, Roblox has already made their money. The store makes theirs by selling the code to you, which you paid for just to use for in-game currency. So, you spend Robux to upload an item, and Roblox collects currency as a tax. In this way, they make their money back either way. This is why many developers have already left Roblox and moved to platforms like Core and Godot. because developers and clothing and gfx and ugc ect we all use this kinda as a job some as side hustle. so at the end everyday alot of us are leaving the platform

Wow. No more 70% in sales? That’s amazing.

Why does that ball looks so cute

Incredible!

I have been waiting a lot for this!
File syncing, and AI Assistants.
Roblox is really going somewhere better!

Famous last words. For us devs, there will be, in fact, no money.

When will you eventually continue developing voice chat? Relocating audio, playing with sound effects, making channels, …

Voice chat is so good, I would see bunch of things to do with it if we actually had the bargain to.

1 Like

Simply means your game isn’t getting enough players which in turn means no earnings. Even some moderately popular games make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and it’s because they have good monetization strategies.

1 Like

If you read the post at all, it turns out that with this subscription service, they’re basically taxing you an additional 30% on top of the original 30%. And if you’re DevExing your Robux, you will be taxed yet again. So I guess it’s possible to make some money, just sucks that the only thing you can do with it is ride the horse at Meijer’s a couple times.

1 Like

Welp that is gonna be a pain to use their subscription service.

1 Like

Do you know maybe any updates about public ugc? When will it release?

1 Like

All I know is it was delayed until early 2024 due to how bad the current state of the marketplace is.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard any updates because UGC creators are making 1:1 copies and stealing meshes. Moreover, they are creating gift boxes where, after receiving Robux, they don’t release the items. Due to these issues, the update has been delayed. Currently, there is no specific information available. Many rumors suggest it may never happen, while others believe it could occur sometime in 2024. I’m not exactly sure, but from my perspective, it’s essential to maintain a positive outlook and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Well, I only say early 2024 because that is what Roblox said in this post:

“Lastly, we know how important a simple, dynamic, and fair Marketplace is to our community. To deliver on this, we plan to open up creation of our 3D Marketplace in early 2024 instead of later this year as originally planned.”

But they are known to be pretty unpredictable when it comes to the release of new features so who knows.

"Well, it has already been reopened. It was reopened for applications back in October. Many of us have applied multiple times. Personally, I have submitted four applications—two before they closed it and two more since then. Unfortunately, we haven’t received any word back yet. Many others have mentioned that it takes 5-8 months. Surprisingly, there have been instances where some individuals submitted applications in the past few months and got accepted. For those wondering if it goes by alphabetical order, it doesn’t. With a large number of people applying, it would take forever to get through if that were the case.

I believe he was asking about public UGC, not UGC applications. But yes, applications are open. However, as said in my reply above, Roblox’s most recent statement regarding public UGC states it has been delayed until early 2024.

(edit: applications are closed as of right now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.