What would be Considered "Good Placements" for Instance Attributes?

Small Question about Attributes, and what to do with Attributes in General.
So Basically the Question is in the Title, what would be Considered “Good Placements” for Attributes?

For Example, Lets say I have a Folder Containing ValueBase Instances for a Game to Function Properly, But what would I do if I wanted to Change the System from ValueBase, to Attributes, But If I wanted to make this Change, Where would I put the Attributes?, and what Instance should It be put on?
Would It be worth the change, or would this just overcomplicate the game?

2 Likes

Depends. If I’m understanding you right, it’s for server-wide settings for the overall game? In that case, just set attributes on the game Instance.

1 Like

If you are referring to managing settings, using a module script would be a practical choice. With a module script, modifying multiple settings and replacing names becomes more straightforward. As attributes are stored similarly to properties, no significant performance drawbacks should exist. Changing your entire system might be time-consuming without a compelling reason however, if you prefer an attribute-based system, that can also be implemented without drawbacks.

1 Like