Whatever Floats your Boat - Goats Barred [HitSquad] [Filtering Enabled]

Building on others boats is the only problem, as noobs swarm me and trash my boat.

It’s terrible when your boat ends up right next to the spawn and dead noobs with no boats continue to swarm you with force fields…

There needs to be 4 spawns instead of 8 so that people like me can’t spawn right next to someones ship over and over and wreck it into nothingness.

Guns need to do perfect rotation around an axis so that they don’t look like crap (lolololollololol. I’ll send you my function)
Forcefields need to last 1 second less.

Also, you should get a delete tool which can delete items off of your teams boats. I think pressing the u key or something would toggle the delete tool. I guess there’d be a 1 second cooldown for the delete function.

Also placing stuff needs to based on the change in change in position instead of the change in velocity because parts in ROBLOX don’t necessarily have the same Velocity as what their velocity property says. So… the formula is…

(p2-2*p1+p0)/dt^2=acceleration
for acceleration where p0, p1, and p2 are the positions on frame 0, frame 1 and frame 2 respectively. It only takes 3 frames (But you can place on the 3rd, so it only take 1/30th of a second to determine if you can place something or not) to determine the acceleration based on position, so it’s fine.
To make it faster, I’d suggest you do

MaxAcceleration2=MaxAcceleration^2

a=(p2-2p1+p0)/(dtdt)
if Dot(a,a)<MaxAcceleration2 then
YAY YOU CAN PLACE IT LOOLOLOLOLOLOL
end

Its all about sniper nests.

Half the time, when i shoot out that bottom truss that is holding one up, it doesn’t fall ._.

All the time when you shoot the bottom truss, it shouldn’t fall. Because all of it is welded together.

Oh also, Quenty, you’re not responding on Skype, so I’ll just say it here in the case that you check. Your camera animation for the gun recoil sucks. So I made you a better one. Look in your Skype inbox for my code.

…Also, at this point, that gun is basically mine. lol.

Only the parts that are actually touching should be welded together though? It doesn’t make sense to have floating parts :stuck_out_tongue:

Boats bend under stress and pieces would fall of if disconnected from the boat.

The objects in game do not bend under stress nor fall off if disconnected.

Therefore there are no boats.

There are only goats.

Boom logic

Sorry Spacek531, I’m not modifying ROBLOX’s physics simulator that much.

I’ve addressed spawning, building on boats, and a bug that created server crashes. Thanks for all your wonderful feedback.

Quenty, signing off. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote] Sorry Spacek531, I’m not modifying ROBLOX’s physics simulator that much.

I’ve addressed spawning, building on boats, and a bug that created server crashes. Thanks for all your wonderful feedback.

Quenty, signing off. :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

But not the floating boat parts? :frowning:

[quote] Sorry Spacek531, I’m not modifying ROBLOX’s physics simulator that much.

Quenty, signing off. :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

What I meant is that if you delete a support pillar, the two halves act like they are connected even though clearly they should not be.

Aaaaaand there goes three hours

Yeh, this game is a real time sink :stuck_out_tongue:

…anyone wanna play a game of it with me?

Quenty
u break invite to team
no message appears
y u do dis

My best boat (after server was shutdown for updates :frowning: ):

Sorry about bumping this post, but

Everytime I get a scrub mad in the game by killing them and getting a 50 killstreak, everyone teams up on my on build time and spams arbitrary cabinets INSIDE of my boat, causing it to flip off the map.
I spent literally forever on this, and I am super pissed.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY that you can make a build protection, that makes it so nobody can build too close to another player’s boat (Given that they aren’t on your team)?

I made a one-entrance tank boat, which takes about 10 seconds to enter, and has tons of slits to shoot out of and take cover at the same time, and it’s ridiculous that I am unable to shoot the jealous noobs during build time. It’s so stupid how one angry noob can screw up any boat, and the boat creator can’t do anything about it.

[quote] Sorry about bumping this post, but

Everytime I get a scrub mad in the game by killing them and getting a 50 killstreak, everyone teams up on my on build time and spams arbitrary cabinets INSIDE of my boat, causing it to flip off the map.
I spent literally forever on this, and I am super pissed.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY that you can make a build protection, that makes it so nobody can build too close to another player’s boat (Given that they aren’t on your team)?

I made a one-entrance tank boat, which takes about 10 seconds to enter, and has tons of slits to shoot out of and take cover at the same time, and it’s ridiculous that I am unable to shoot the jealous noobs during build time. It’s so stupid how one angry noob can screw up any boat, and the boat creator can’t do anything about it. [/quote]

That’s gonna lead to implementation bugs. To what point? If you create a small boat you could use :GetModelSize and then check if the bounds intersect. But what if you get a huge boat with a sniper nest? That makes the boat big and makes bound checking (treating the ship as a cube) useles.

This is a problem though but I have no idea how to fix it.

Another huge problem is server crashes. I haven’t figured out when this happens - but it ALWAYS happens after the flood is gone and we get in the building phase. Strange.

Also, Quenty, are you using Data Persistence? If the server crashes the data is not saving, which should not happen with Data Stores. Could you migrate to data stores? :slight_smile:

Could you make it so people that is not on your team can’t build near you, i get nooobs that builds under me to fly my boats off the map. Also add so we can save and load our work later? I want to use the same boat on different servers. Almost like sandbox just that once they delete your boat it deletes the save or something?

1 Like