Whatever Floats your Boat - Goats Barred [HitSquad] [Filtering Enabled]

Hey! This is a game I’ve been making for about 3 weeks, known as Whatever Floats your Boat. Gameplay is pretty simple, you build a boat, and then you float around in it, shooting other people.

I’d like to add a bit more to it, more props, some monetization, more guns, et cetera, but as of now, it is playable, and quite fun. I’m submitting this request now because I only have a few more days until I take a hiatus from ROBLOX.

This game, I believe, works with ROBLOX very well. It’s a building game, but it’s also a shooting game. You’ve got a survival aspect too. Something fun to note is that I’ve redone every single ROBLOX GUI I can, which makes a very polished interface. The boats are fully destructible. Also, I’ve developed it in three weeks, which is crazy because I was doing finals. You can also see I’ve stolen ideas from just about everyone/everything.

I would really love to bump this game to the front page, the response seems relatively positive. If I could get a blog post, or something, that’d be absolutely amazing. Also, I’d love all your guys feedback. Thanks!

Some screenshots of people’s creations:

This game does have filtering enabled. It is a building game, and you see some create boats built by the users.
Here’s a few pictures:

Edit: I have addressed the issues that you guys have brought up, except for the point by MrgamesNwatch, (which I will be considering a solution soon). Thanks for all the feedback, and please, play again and tell me what is wrong. Your feedback is vastly useful.

Edit: I have addressed many more things, such as building on other people’s ships. Thanks for all your wonderful feedback. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s up with that?

It’s a nice concept, but it’s just too glitchy and heavily favors those who have lots of money, and shuns new players.

Is a server script opening and closing the build GUI? I kept spamming E during the build phase, but it wouldn’t open.
Sometimes, I get teleported out of my ship

I get assassinated because people look at me funny.

Guns need falloff, because you can snipe across the map which is no bueno.

Your little helpers have helped you with the particles, but they are helping people to the door and to other games with their huge invincible ships. All they do is sit there and snipe people with the OP guns. People have shouted that they hate the game and hate xxxmonkeymanxxx because he kills them so much.

Nothing is ever destroyed, so there are 1,000 closets separated from everything else and they never go away and generate lag.

The drop off when the flood happens is super harsh and it causes a lot of glitching and HP loss. Make it smooth like the recovery is.

idea: 10/10
GUIs and effects: 10/10
gameplay: 1/10

spend some more time playertesting and balancing, then try for front page.

Cool, i’ll have to try this out later. I enjoyed Dued1’s floating fortress, but this seems to have a lot more to it.Just from the screenshots I love the aesthetics, though I feel like I can say that about anything you design. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love it :smiley: I wish there was some way to drive the boats around or something. And more items will make it even more fun :smiley:

I agree that there needs to be more balance. Maybe different types of guns and you use your money to buy them and ammo (I have a stock load of cash because the build phase is so short :stuck_out_tongue: Also, it’s like Halo Combat Evolved with pistol snipers (I am bossmode at pistol sniping in HCE :stuck_out_tongue: )

I was going to go to sleep, but this game piqued my interest then kept it. Good job!

Yeah guys. It’s pretty great. (Cause Quenty made it)
It’s a spin on one of ROBLOX’s oldest genres, “build to survive,” and it’s awesome.
The UI is super smooth and gameplay is well refined. Very fun to play. Everything is responsive.
Also Quenty uses MY PARTICLE ENGINE to make his guns work really well and every shot you fire is visualized. Also there’s rain.

Also, Spacek531, it’s called; I-made-the-particle-engine-so-I-get-infinimoney

if Name==“treyreynolds” or Name==“xXxMoNkEyMaNxXx” then money=1234567890 else money=400 end

lol

It’s nice but has quite a few bugs and needs quite a bit of balancing. Some of which Space stated.

I already knew that, you said it ingame.

Your antics and those of xxxmonkeymanxxx are making people quit.

Just thought you might want to know in case you had I-made-the-particle-engine-so-I-get-to-disable-the-chat-from-appearing-on-my-screen enabled

Your question: “What’s up with that?”

My answer: “It’s called; I-made-the-particle-engine-so-I-get-infinimoney”

Take a joke, no need to get so defensive. :confused:

[quote] Your question: “What’s up with that?”

My answer: “It’s called; I-made-the-particle-engine-so-I-get-infinimoney”

Take a joke, no need to get so defensive. :confused: [/quote]

I’m not trying to be defensive, I am trying to report to you and quenty that your abuse of money and levels make people quit.

That’s it, that’s everything I have to say.
[sub]and you already said that before[/sub]

I’m with spacek here. Something in this game is making it a lot less enjoyable than it has potential to be.

[quote] I’m with spacek here. Something in this game is making it a lot less enjoyable than it has potential to be.

[/quote]

I don’t know what it is that made Quenty think that giving his special people what is practically invincibility was a good idea, but it’s ruining the game, which is kinda ironic because they helped make it.

If there was a server without those two in it, I would be a tiny bit more inclined to play.

Just played a game and it’s a great idea, but felt pointless. The guns didnt work and so it was just a sword fight and nothing else, very dull. It would be alot more fun if you were able to drive your boat and add cannons to it.

Alright I was able to play this a bit, it’s a really fun concept and the UI is excellent, but there are a few things that stop me from really enjoying it.

Building - it’s really really finicky, placing pieces can be a bit of a nightmare. I mean the way everything snaps together is really cool, but it can be really hard to place a piece on anything that isn’t under your mouse. It would be really helpful if you could figure out a way to have the model consider it’s size when placing on surfaces (like the studio dragger). I know that’s not an easy task. Also, once you’ve placed a part, there doesn’t appear to be anyways to move it or delete it, meaning I have to be veeeerrry carelful, and if someone places a piece on my boat then I can’t do anything about it.

Fighting - well the gun does appear to be broken, but I did get to try it out last night when it was working. Can’t say much about it, particles are nice. Sword is a sword. After dying you’re kind of dumped into the sea to either die again or hope to have some debris near by… Maybe a little saftey island or something? Be cool if you added some cannon pieces or some kind of offensive building parts.

Misc - Debris can get to be a bit excessive, I find myself abandoning ships because they’ve capsized or I can’t modify them.

This game definitely has a lot of potential, I’d like to see improvements continue. c:

Why do people seek hitsquad before finishing the game and making sure it’s bug-free?

Gun’s don’t work.

I’m sorry, guns were a simple issue of me thinking my code was more flexible than it actually is.

I’ve updated the game to address several of the issues that you guys have addressed.
[ul]
[li]Fixed guns[/li]
[li]Made people with lots of money less OP, reduced those who personally helped me reward to 100,000 (but the money saves, so whatever)[/li]
[li]Debris have been limited by only having 2 boats[/li]
[li]You no longer spawn in the water, teleport to your boat[/li]
[/ul]

I’m sorry it went off to a rocky start, but I’m definitely glad for your feedback. I’d like to also thank Tenal and Mauv for providing additional feedback on the gameplay.

I’d also like to thank Spacek, and Ripull and especially MrGamesWatch for their feedback on what isn’t fun. Please, keep on giving it!

Edit: Btw Ripull, I did think this game was bug free when I submitted it, and I thought it was playable enough. Your feedback has shown that this wasn’t true, but I believe I have addressed some of the major issues.

Really cool game. Awesome for people who like to build. However, it is definitely not a type of game that is tuned for nowadays front page. The age range is just…too low, I guess. I’d love to see this featured though!

I don’t quite understand. I feel like it could be balanced, simplified, packed full of children movie references and paid features and make it to the front page with only the help of an obnoxious ad that targets younger children. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, with some work I could see that game making it to the front page :slight_smile:

the goat motif seems to be made just for this

I hope you didn’t remove the way to build on others boats, because that was fun xD and one way to get around.