What's an average CTR?

I’ve heard that the average CTR is about 1%, but today after bidding R$1000 on an ad, my CTR is…

0.26%.

So, is the average CTR lower than I thought, or is my luck really so terrible?

8 Likes

Is because 6k people see your ad/sponsor but only 17 clicked on it, so only 17 of 6k persons likes your ad/sponsor and clicked on it

(1% of CTR is the amount of a “+/- good” ad/sponsor)

5 Likes

I think the fact that the name is called “Cart Ride around NewFissy! [BETA]” explains it.

21 Likes

From all of my own experience in advertising, my CTRs usually stay around .5-.7%, while some get up to 1% rarely. I don’t know if I would call 1% an “average CTR” because CTR’s have a lot of different variables.

This also is going to depend heavily on what actual ad you’re running. If the ad doesn’t get people’s attention then they obviously won’t click on it.

6 Likes

Adding all of my ads total CTR up (excluding the box ads which are known to get about 0.05 ctr regardless) it averages out to a CTR of 0.76. I’d consider that to be an accurate average. Aim for 0.7 or higher.

My highest CTR ads are like 2.06 and 2.20, and excluding the higher end CTR ads most of them are between 0.6 and 0.7

How much you bid, what day you advertise, what your ad looks like, and whether its a skyscraper or banner will all affect CTR
A smaller bid means there will be less impressions, so it’s easier to have a significantly higher/lower CTR.
If you advertise on a weekday, a majority of Roblox’s userbase will likely be at school/busy doing homework when they aren’t sleeping, so there will be less impressions overall.
Banners and skyscrapers aren’t always shown at the same time, and the box ads are extremely hard to find (they’re at the bottom of user profiles, and afaik that’s it) so box ads will naturally have a CTR below 0.05.

6 Likes

CTR will vary as more people have seen it and you advertise more at a time, but if you’re advertising with anything less than 50k an average CTR is 1.2%-1.6% while a good CTR is 2%. If you have done over 1,000,000 robux on an ad in total a 1-1.3% CTR is good. At the end of the day different genres bring different CTRs, in your case your game probably won’t get many clicks no matter what you do (unless you clickbait which you shouldn’t) as it is a Cart Ride around NewFissy game, if your game is engineered for profit worry about the profit you make from ads instead of the clicks itself as if you get 10,000 clicks on an anime game or war game you’re obviously going to make more than an obby. Regardless though, judging based off 6500 impressions would be foolish as it is such a small sample size you shouldn’t even count it.

4 Likes

Yep, in the morning I have 48K impressions and 0.48% CTR. Still very unlucky but better than last night.

5 Likes

I’d reckon its 1%, used to have an ad that would get 2%

4 Likes

Well, I got lower CTR’s too.

My lowest is 0.08%, my highest 2.25%

If you take the normal ones, my average CTR is about 0.4%.

3 Likes

so 4,05% ctr is good? but i’ve spent like 40 robux just to try it

2 Likes

40 RBX is way too little to estimate how well ad is performing. You need more views for more accurate data.

No idea what ya’ll put on those ads that get 2-4% CTR, I can barely reach 0.4%

2 Likes

I’m surprised, with 20 robux i got more than 20 clicks

1 Like

I had this :sweat_smile:
Ad