What's Coming in 2019: This Year's Developer Roadmap

It’ll definitely allow for bigger worlds. But unless they improve their server stack accordingly I don’t think it’s gonna do much. With bigger worlds means a greater load on the server especially for physics. They talked about increasing the stack, not sure if they will be getting better servers as well. But they teased that they’re getting everything ready behind the scenes so that when they release 64 bit servers this essential new load won’t be considered as such.

Maybe someone else can explain it better lol.

3 Likes

hmmm this is exciting as i am working on a game that’s basis and fame comes from its attention to detail and enormity. If this works out, and they do increase the stack(which idk why they wouldnt, cause it would make bigger worlds useless anyway for lag reasons if they dont) it will make my life so much easier. I just wana know that bigger more comprehensive games will be better supported in the future. Then i can breathe :laughing: ya know?

1 Like

So, what exactly is wrong with the bulk editing of the current terrain system? We have a brush that does a good job. What would be expanded upon? More brushes?

I think more in depth terrain shaping? Especially for mountains, its really difficult.

Ya having more brush similar to sculpt brushes in blender and zbrush would make terrain building much easier. It’s also a hassle to move and manipulate terrain.

Im actually really hyped for universe scripts (If they end up coming). Im also really exicted for better terrain editing tools and vegetation!

This road map looks AWESOME! I am so excited for these to be put live.

Guys, I really can’t wait for these. They are amazing, hope they get live soon.

I have been waiting for a year and a half for this one! It will look amazing!

3 Likes

Any word and detail yet on 64 bit servers?

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this.

The Game Access beta feature is nice and definitely useful, however it feels somewhat a no-pick right now.

Although it is great for security measures, it lacks two fundamental game access features:

• Ability to see server log in dev console, and ability to run scripts through the console
  • Ability to shut servers down

Also just a nitpick, but I feel like games we’ve been granted access to through this beta feature should appear in the group games in the develop tab.

Any improvement planned for this?

1 Like

I was wondering why the Universal Scripts were deferred? That was the one thing I was hoping that wouldn’t happen to :sad:

Zeuxcg already stated why above,

2 Likes

Okay, thanks. Before posting I though I saw a post like that, but when I went back to look for it, I couldn’t find it?

1 Like

Terrain Vegetation, Script collaboration and custom materials! Can’t wait for all of them! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

What exactly does collaborating efficiently at scale when scripting together mean (Script Collaboration)? just wondering​:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Is there any news on Terrain Vegetation?

12 Likes

Anyone else unrealistically hoping the bugs today are because of a in the works massive update that brings every Q3 roadmap thing live. Because I know I am

5 Likes

Looking forward to Terrain Vegetation, Faster Lua, AND 64-bit servers.
Oh, and I think I heard something that’s like Terrain Vegetation from somewhere.

4 Likes

Faster Lua is perfect for any developer that wants to create a 5 star game on the ROBLOX platform, and 64-bit is just common sense. Good thing all these updates are gonna make it soo modern!

1 Like