Whats easiest way to turn a big model into a mesh

Hello, i am a roblox builder that makes models and stuff with only by using roblox, and i never experienced with blender or something before. I use unions and hungred of parts a lot on my buildings, but now i realised unions are unoptimized, some advanced builders told me this. They said mesh is a lot better way, but yeah, i only build with roblox studio and i honestly dont want to learn blender or something… But as i said they arent optimized and i get like 40 or sometimes even 20 fps while testing my buildings, so here’s the question: Is there a good way to turn models i made in roblox studio to meshes? Ill put an example of 1 of my buildings to here:

If anyone can help me about this i’d be so so happy, im having really big troubles with optimization stuff nowadays, i also give weeks of effort on my buildings and i dont want to waste em just for this, please let me know if there’s a way to turn those into meshes effectively! Thanks.

10 Likes

proobably impossible so the only way your gonna be turning the unions into meshes is by learning blender

6 Likes

maybe there is a plugin that could help?

3 Likes

Just importing the model into blender and exporting it back into studio is useless, your not actually decreasing the vertices. You have to actually optimize it in blender and then export it. But this is cumbersome, so its better to build with optimization in mind or make your buildings in blender.

2 Likes

Sadly currently i believe there is no such way to make a union into a mesh within roblox itself, you probably have to learn blender to be able to do so.

1 Like

maybe if you imported the model into blender then exported it as a obj file

Turning it into a mesh will not change anything, it will keep the same number of faces, vertex and edges.

Learn Blender, it will help you very much.

1 Like

alright thank you all, ill try to learn blender i guess… that’s only way sadly

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.