What's the best time to sponsor?

There really should be a marketing help category

In your experience, what’s the best time of the week to sponsor? I have 20k to spend and I want to make the most of it, so I’m going to spend it at the best time to get maximum effect. I’m sponsoring just on pc as my game is pretty big and will probably lag badly on most mobile devices. I suppose it might be different than usual due to covid.

3 Likes

I was looking on rolimons and it was looking like Wednesday to Thursday. But with school starting up I recommend doing it on Friday later in the day or on Saturday. People will play a lot more on these days.

7 Likes

Hello , I think you should choose 4 days to sponsor and everyday sponsor 5K Robux . I never sponsored big values but I think maybe it will help you . Hope you get it :slight_smile:

Hmm. With school starting, I’d say the best time to start it would be 4:00 or 5:00 PM Friday. This also accounts for Saturday morning when a bunch of people start playing. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I suggest to advertise instead of sponsoring. Sponsored games usually aren’t noticed much due to people searching for a specific game and not to look for a random sponsored game. Ads in general gets much better CTR than sponsored games.

You can’t really judge how effective something is just by the ctr since sponsoring has much more impressions, I think a better way to judge it would be to see which one gets more clicks per robux which in my experience sponsors do a lot better.

1 Like

I found this website from someone else linking it on the dev forum to a similar question, so I will pass along the link

This site gathers data on current and past rates of advertising, both sponsors and advertisements for each platform / type of ad.

You can couple this data with this tutorial in order to find out how much advertising / sponsoring helps your game’s economic profit

1 Like

If you’re spending 20k on sponsors try ads/different GFX designs and other. I wouldn’t suggest spending 20k on ads, you should gradually spend it.
Covid-19 is a good time to advertise. Some players are still at home. I’d suggest spending some throughout this weekend and through holidays like Christmas.

1 Like

The most common guidelines for sponsoring are:

1. Be sure to have made an appealing logo. Chances are that hiring a professional GFX designer will be worth the money.

2. Always, always, ALWAYS sponsor on the weekend. This is when the most players are on Roblox, meaning the most impressions for you.

3. Make test groups using about 100 robux each, and try out different icons and platforms. Does your game get higher CTR rates on PC? Then chances are that’s where you want to center your focus on.

Hope this helped!

3 Likes