What's the best way to go about generating clouds for storms?

I am working on a realistic weather system and I am trying to figure out the best way to generate clouds. There has to be regions so in 1 area the weather wouldn’t rain so much like a desert and there could also be another region like a rain forest that rains a lot. The clouds also have to move like they would in real life.

I thought about first initiating the storm. Basically I would generate clouds outside of the map, and they would move in at a certain speed and direction. Then every once a while, a cloud will check what region it is in and do the weather depending on that region.

I am wondering how do I generate clouds that look good outside a given map. I think I can easily make the clouds move, and do the wind plus make the weather happen once I got a good cloud setup. The given map would basically be x = 10, x = 5064, z = 34, z = 6990. ( Those are random numbers, the clouds have to work on multiple map sizes. ) With those numbers, I need to generate a bunch of clouds that would look very good preferably twice the size of the map.

I can easily loop around and make clouds like in a grid or something but it looks like trash. I am looking for a way to generate clouds at random that looks very realistic.

what style clouds are you going for?
if its cartoony just tween white bricks with diffrent sizes at the begin position with bounce easing style.
if you wanna go realistic use bricks but with full transparency give and them a particleEmitter with smoke texture and style it like a cloud. then tween the parts from start to finish and use game:GetService("Debris") to destroy the clouds.

1 Like